Chapter 21 - I would be your----what? (J)

After learning everything about what happened to Anna I understood why she is shy, scared and always seemed guarded; it made me understand her fears. She was twelve for god sake when all that shit happened yet she was brave enough to live alone. I knew her life was f***ed up but I definitely didn’t expect it to be this horrible, she is one tough girl.

In the days that followed, our relationship got strong and I was never happier staying in her company all the time. I pick her up at her house every day for school and drop her off to work in spite of her continuous refusals. Sometimes I even stay back at the store until her shift is complete though she asks me to leave; she even complained to Tom once to make me leave but he just watched the both of us in amusement. I know she finds me as a distraction but what can I say, I love teasing her.

After school ended today, both of us continued walking towards the parking lot until I remembered about the party at Gabe’s house.  

“Anns.. I’ll come to pick you up at your house, 8 PM today. Gabe’s having a party”

“What? Why?” she asked looking confused.

Is there a reason to have a party? It’s been a long time since we had a party and I wouldn’t have been interested if it’s not for Gabe.

“Just for fun” I shrugged not knowing what else to say.

She groaned “I don’t like parties. Please let me pass”

“No you can’t, Gabe will kill you. Besides it would be fun” I admitted.

“I don’t think I am the kind of person who likes your idea of fun” she grumbled

“I heard that!! I bet you’ve never been to a party, just try for Gabe’s sake; it won’t be that bad”

“Oh, trust me. I’ve been to a party once and it was not just bad; it was horrible”  

“When have you been to a party?” I frowned.

“Uh- It’s long back. Emily and I sneaked into Jonathan’s party once and trust me, I still feel like throwing up remembering the stench”

That name sounded awfully familiar. Wait, isn’t it the name bitch Emily said something about.

“Who’s Jonathan?” I asked in a casual tone.

“Well, he is Emily’s brother. Back then, I had a big crush on him. He is four years older than me”

“What’s with women and older guys?” I mumbled grudgingly.

“What’s with guys and older women?” she mimicked.

Giving her a look, I muttered “Is that why the bitch said you moved on fast”

“Yep, when I was young I fancied him a lot”

“Should I feel threatened of him?” I spat bitterly.

She stopped walking giving me a disbelieving look, “I was young and stupid then. I don’t even like him anymore Jason. You’re with me now, not him. You’re the one who stood by me and trusted me, not him. You are my first kiss and you would be my---”she stopped suddenly realizing what she said as she closed her mouth with both of her hands and looked red like a tomato.

“I would be your---- what?” I smirked crossing my arms over my chest.

“Sh- Shut Up” she grumbled trying to hide her blushing face.

“I never knew you wanted to --- oww—oww—stop doing that” I yelled between her kicks. Yep, she really kicked me; luckily in the shin.

Thank you so much for showing mercy, I thought of adding sarcastically but didn’t; scared that she might attack my private parts this time.