1 ; Thrill

"Desire, like an illness, chokes me
You lit me up so smoke me oh."
- M.S

~

Your P.O.V

Come visit Birmingham.
It's quite settiling and more exciting than the village we both desperately wanted out of.
I desire to see an old face. I'm in need of a desperate break from a life I'm not quite sure of yet. I know you cannot resist my request, I'll be awaiting for you at the train station by the end of the week at sundown.
x 𝓜𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓮𝓵 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝔂

My eyes peered through the crowd as I hopped off the train, it felt exciting to be somewhere new. I think the only other exciting place from home I've been to was a weekend at my grandparents mansion.

It's ridiculous to believe I found that exciting. The only fun I ever had was when Michael was around but ever since he left to find his biological mother, the village returned to its natural state of bland.

When I received his letter asking for a visit, I was quick to pack a suitcase.

I didn't dare look back.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice shouted through the crowd, my eyes peered over to the once posh boy now a man under a cloud of smoke. He looked the same yet different but I couldn't care any less, it felt nice to see my close friend once again.

I watched as he blew out the smoke from his mouth, inhaling it through his nose before puffing it back out. He had a serious, intense look on his face but quickly broke the moment he cracked a smile, tossing the half finished cigarette to the floor.

I let out an excited laugh, running over to him as I dropped my luggage to the ground and jumped into his arms.

"Oh Christ, I can't believe I'm actually seeing Michael Gray in the flesh once more!" I said, my laughter not dying down as he set me down back into the floor.

"It's nice to see your face again as well, Y/N." He smiled, I could see the tiredness in his eyes but didn't want to pry yet until we were settled.

"Right then, let's head on to get you settled in yeah?" He said, taking my baggage before I could reach for it. He tossed the luggage into a nearby fancy car that seem to of been waiting for some time, hence the driver let out an exasperated sigh before starting it up.

It didn't take long to get to where Michael had planned, on the way there we would reminisce of when we were young kids.

We stopped in front a pub called the Garrison. Michael was the first to hop out of the vehicle, lending out a hand for me to take as he helped me with my luggage. I looked around with amazement, holding down my sunhat as he lead me to the entrance of the building.

Eyes fell upon us like vultures, narrowing them at our hands as I pulled away in embarrassment.

"Pay no attention to them, come on." He said, resting his hand on my lower back, pushing me towards the bar.

"Oi, got you self a new one ay?" A raspy voice spoke from beside us. I turned to meet eyes with ones eyes filled with intimidation and thrill, the freckles sprawled around his face reminded me of the stars when the sun bids its farewells.