3 ; Hell

"Say, demons in the night, I think I fell in love this time."
- W.S.N

~
*smut warning

Your P.O.V

I watched the crystal chandelier dance around the room, shining amongst everyone in the room as it lit up the men's fancy pocket watches and lady's high-priced fancy dresses.

I could feel the ground rumble below my feet, the dance floor crowded with sweaty bodies that danced until the night was no more.

I played with my faux fur coat the hung slightly off my shoulders, watching the way my graceful golden dress glimmered by the light. I cleared my throat, adjusting my feather flapper. I sat lonely at the table, my acquaintances had left to stretch their feet and be reminded of their youth while I awaited for my partner.

Arthur Shelby.

A man of wealth, charm, and a temper.

I come from a wealthy family in London, I moved here to Birmingham to start a life of my own where I was convinced would differ from my home where no fear settled amongst the people.

But it was no different.

I had begged my father to let me struggle on my own instead of using his fortune, he obliged. The city people weren't as welcome as I believed they were but the Garrison had accepted my request of working as a barmaid.

The pay was fine, my flat I purchased with my own expenses, the dresses and shoes.

I was fine with the life here in Birmingham.

I soon started receiving letters from home, asking for me to come back but I had denied politely and reassured that I was merely fine here.

That I was home.

One night while I overstayed my hours to tidy up the bar, a drunken man had bursted in challenging a man named Arthur Shelby for prancing around with his lady. It was only me and the drunken man, I had assured him that no man by that name was around but he pressured the situation by pushing me around claiming I was a whore who only defended the "filthy man."

Little did I know that Arthur Shelby himself stood in the hidden corners of the bar with a bottle whiskey, not caring much about the situation but much more of how I handled it.

I had tossed the mad man around, hitting him in the groin and threatening him to leave.

He obliged, possibly because he noticed Arthur peering through the shadows but Arthur likes to give me the benefit of the doubt and claim-

"Me lady has a pair far bigger than mine."

His words, not mine.

Arthur was amused, taking a certain interest in me. I didn't complain, he was a handsome man and it had been quite some time since I've been with a man and he fulfilled those needs.

Blindly, we were spiraling down a hole we didn't realize we dug ourselves into.

Our meaningless relationship took a turn the moment where he introduced me to his family.