6 ; Forbidden Fruit ( 2 )

"Te siente' vacía sin mí, te mole'ta que tu' amiga' quieran de mí.."
- O

~

Your P.O.V

Pity.

I pitied myself for quite sometime for being such a sulk and a mope, I've done nothing but swallow myself whole until the bottle was sucked dry.

It's been days of desperate sundowns and dreadful sunrises, months of it really.

I finally understand what a broken heart felt like. I thought that I realized that when my mother left but Arthur leaving was the last straw. I didn't bother sewing back the shattered pierces, I found it pointless.

I felt myself becoming this cold, selfish woman that I could almost become a sad tale for the mothers to tell their children at night to fear them into sleep.

My father was persistent in trying to get me to talk to him or at least take a stroll out. He only wanted to make sure that I was still alive.

He feared that he had lost me, I only reassured that he hasn't lost me but I had lost a piece of myself. We returned back to the old routine before all hell broke loose. We discussed other matters besides a gypsy man named Shelby.

Although I found myself returning to the same routine with my father. I couldn't find myself to return to the same routine of my life.

I viewed it differently, my perspective had changed. It was an eye-opening experience, showing me that I won't ever find what I'm looking for here in Camden.

What I did find myself doing was fleeing Camden soon after.

My father wasn't keen on the idea but feeling guilty of my struggles, he gave in. I felt trapped in Camden, felt trapped under the hold of my own reflection. So I packed my bags and fled up northwest of London to a quiet city called Birmingham.

I've heard of it by locals, talking about tales and fortunes. I felt that it would be good for my damaged soul, to flee away from any thought of Arthur and any thought of my troubles.

I took the latest train to give me enough time to bid my farewells to my father and the bakers I considered close friends.

"Right, how far is you goin'?" Ollie asked, wrapping his arms around me as he engulfed in a tight him.

"Not too far from home but far 'nough to 'scape it, ya'." I assured him, pulling away from the hug.

I bid my goodbyes, collecting my baggage and placing them in the expensive car.

My father wanted to take the ride over with me to the station, wanting to see his daughter go off into the sunset.

"Right, than, my lil' girl off to leave her poor ol' dad 'lone here with his pet." He mentions Cyril, the adorable small dog and also my fathers best friend. "Ya', write every day and phone me, right, 'cause if you fail to do so I'll go over to your new home with guns blazin'." He said with a small chuckle, setting his cane aside as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Dad, Ill be a'right. Birmingham can't be too bad of a place can it?" I felt him tense up as my arms wrapped around his thick, wool coat.