Chapter Twelve

You guys are awesome! How about the next update is after 15 votes and 6 comments? I think you guys can do that! 

P.S. Do you like the new cover? 

Enjoy <3

“Excited to be back home?” Kellan asked as the plane finally touched down in California. I rocked Jamie as she suckled on her pacifier.

“It’s much warmer, but I’m going to miss my parents.”  I sighed as we were allowed off the plane first, thanks to the little one squirming in my arms begging for my boobies.

“You’ll see them again soon.” Kellan rubbed my back as we walked off the plane. I nodded stroking the back of Jamie’s head as she lay on my shoulder.

“I know.” I smiled weakly as Kellan’s phone buzzed in his pocket. “How are we getting home?” I asked as he answered the text message.

“I left my truck here so we’ll just take that back to the house.” He smiled at me. “Home. That sounds great.” I smiled back at him.

“I was thinking about her nursery.” Kellan looked at me as we got to his truck.

“You have?” I nodded putting Jamie in the car seat in the back of the pick-up. I got into the front of the truck pulling my seat belt on.

“I was first thinking of yellow but then I changed my mind. I want it pink, but not too much pink.” Kellan shook his head at me as he pulled out. “What?”

“You just sounded so girly at that moment. Oh a little bit a pink is good.” He said in an extremely high voice trying to mock me. He dodged my smack. “Oh look at that butterfly. Oh it’s just so pretty I could cry!” The highness of his voice just sounded so weird compared to his husky voice. I smacked him again. “Hey no smacking the driver.” He laughed at me. I shook my head but couldn’t fight the giggle that escaped.

“I’m serious. We need to talk the nursery.” Kellan smiled at me as he looked both ways before turning onto a street.

“I already told you I don’t care. Whatever you want her room to look like, it will look like. As long as my girls are living with me, I don’t care.” I smiled at him leaning back in the seat.

“Are you always sweet? Or did you get a romance implant?” He gave me one of the Kellan famous looks as he rolled his eyes.

“I’m always this sweet. You mustn’t have noticed.” I looked out the window as we pulled up into this cute little neighborhood. I watched the houses around us as we pulled into a dead end street, into a little cul-de-sac.

“You live in here?” I asked him as he pulled up into the drive way of the cutest house.

“Well, here we are.” I stared at this little yellow brick house with a little porch. The windows were placed perfectly so they shined in the late sun. “Oh Kellan.”  The lawn was cut to match its neighbors. The flowers going around the base of the house went flawlessly into the walkway leading to the driveway were we stood.

“What do you think?” I blinked at him in shock. “I, uh, I bought it a little after you told me you were pregnant. Will lives down the street and told me this one was for sale. So I bought it.” I turned to look at him. “I wanted a house that we could raise our daughter in. This just looked perfect.” He turned to me. “Charlotte say something.” I took his face into my hands and kissed him hard on the mouth. He pulled back. “You like it?”

“Oh Kellan it’s beautiful.” I whispered. “It’s perfect. Just what I imagined.”

“I tried to remember from when we were younger what you wanted in your first house. I couldn’t remember if I got it.” I smiled at him stroking his cheek. “It looks better on the inside. Come on.” He turned the car off opening his door. I opened the door going around getting Jamie’s car seat. “Come on!” He grinned at me. Jamie whimpered before putting her hand into her mouth.