28 | Burning Questions & Compassion

Burning Questions & Compassion

______
Cordelia Bane.

The constant beeping and hush voices filled my ears, I groaned slowly opening my eyelids only to find three people that I come to remember instantly.

My father, mother, and doctor.

The parents that I haven't seen in over a year and a half because I was kidnapped by the man who I fell in love with,

Oh, Guy.

Tears filled my eyes knowing I will never see him again. He's gone and out of my life forever.

My parents saw me awake and they quickly embraced me.

"My baby, You're awake I can't believe it" My mother sobbed and my dad is beside her as tears crept in his eyes also.

I licked my dry lips "W-What happened?" I asked.

She pulled back and petted my head "You were electrocuted baby, They had to rush you to the hospital because it caused your heart to stop beating but the doctors managed to do CPR to bring you back... Delia, you don't know how much we never stopped looking for you" She explained while crying.

"Yes honey, All of us never gave up hope, we are so happy you are alive and well" Dad tried so hard to hold back his tears.

It's been so long, I missed my parents which is I hugged my mom very tightly.

"I missed you both too" I whispered and I pulled back to look at my ankle where the brace is but it was gone!

"What happen to my ankle brace?" I asked in confusion

They frowned sharing glances

"The police had to use some sort of equipment to remove it, It was shockingly hard to get off" Dad informed seeing the anger in his eyes

I gulped "... And him?"

They didn't want to answer but they did

"They have him in custody Delia, He will be put away for a long time"

My heart dropped and I held in my tears.

And suddenly there was a knock on the door and two officers came in, we all looked at them.

"Now is not the time detectives, My daughter just has woken up, give her time" My father spoke in a hard tone