F O U R

Jaxon took a few days off work. He wanted to care for this young, pregnant women. He wanted to make sure she was okay, especially her baby. Oddly enough, he cared for her; even though she hadn't said a thing ever since he brought her back to his place.

Yesterday, when the nurses said she was okay to go, he picked up her prescriptions and made her comfortable in his large home. It took a lot of convincing, but he did it. She was still quite frightened though; which upset him.

She slept for a while when they got home, and he made her dinner, making sure she was fed properly. After that, she went to sleep again. She needed it and her body was so weak. No women should have to go through this alone. He was there for her. 

It was currently noon when he started to get worried about her. She hadn't come out of her room, and he didn't want to disturb her at all. But, his concern got to the best of him. He walked to her door, opening it gently, only to see her sitting on the edge of the bed, only in a bra, tracing what looked like to be scars on her belly. His heart ached. 

She looked up at him wide-eyed and yelped, covering herself with the blanket and hid under the duvet. His heart broke. He could hear her soft cries. He slowly walked in, closing the door behind him. He sat down on the opposite side of the bed, seeing her flinched as he did so. He had a feeling he knew what happened to her... he just wanted to confirm it.

He sighed gently, reaching over and slowly pulling down the covers she was hiding her face in. Her eyes were red with tears and her cheeks streaked. She whined and whimpered, covering her stomach with her hands.

"Amora, Sweetheart," He called softly, reaching over to grab her hand which she hesitantly let him do, shocked himself, he could finally hold her hand. He squeezed her hand gently, seeing more tears run down her cheeks. His heartfelt like it was going to burst.

He caressed her knuckles with the back of his thumb, gently. "What's wrong?" He asked, trying to be as comforting as he could. He didn't want to be straight forward with her; he doesn't want to be blunt about his questions but eases his way into them. He didn't mean harm.

She shook her head, protesting. She was afraid he would run out on her like the rest of the people did in her life. Though, those people weren't good ones to be around... The man, Jaxon, seemingly cared for her. She couldn't help but feel a little safer each day she spent with him.

Jaxon sighed gently, moving closer to her on the bed, which she seemed to not mind. In fact, enjoy the warmth he was providing her. "You can tell me, Amora... Your safe with me," He whispered, bringing her hand slowly to his lips, kissing her knuckles, leaving a lingering kiss. 

She looked up at him, her tears slowly started to stop, but some still falling. Broken sounds escaped her lips, as she gazed at him. Her eyes pleading to take away the pain... emotionally. She felt warmth in his soft, gentle kiss. 

Something that never happened when she was forcefully kissed the last time. 

"I-I..." She started, more tears falling, and rapidly. The memories torturing her. She gulped, shaking a little. "I-I... Was," She stopped herself a sob breaking through her small frail body. He knew what she was trying to say. He knew it.

His heart leaped from his chest, not in a good way. He pulled her closer, hesitantly, making sure was alright with it. But what she did next, had him shocked. He was completely speechless. His eyes widened. 

She lunged at him, wrapping her arms around the man she only met a couple of days ago. He was providing her comfort, no one had ever done before. She buried her sobbing face into his chest, crying her heart out. "P-please... don't hurt me... don't hurt me as they did," She cried and cried. 

He almost wanted to cry himself. He snapped out of it, wrapping his arms back around her, cradling her in his arms like a baby as she cried. He sighed deeply at her words. 

"I will never, ever, hurt you, Amora. I am not that kind of man. You can trust me... I'll take care of you," He whispered, placing a kiss against her head, leaving his lips lingering there for a while before pulling them away. 

She felt so much warmth in his words. They calmed her. She wrapped her arms around his waist, tightly, afraid to let go of the best thing that has happened to her so far. He was why she was getting the proper care she needed... the reason her baby is still alive. 

She cried and cried for what seemed hours, but he never let her go. It wasn't long until she fell limp in his arms, her soft cries turning to sniffles as they soon stopped completely. He kissed her forehead once more before gently laying her back down in bed, wrapping her in the thick blanket, letting her rest. She needed. 

He got up and walked to the door, turning the light off, glancing back at her with sad eyes. 

She was just a girl who needed love.

He was willing to give it too her.

___________________________________

A/N

I really enjoyed writing this chapter. <3 I hope you enjoy!