S E V E N

"I love you,"

Amora's eyes went wide as she nearly dropped her fork. She looked up and to her disappointment, Jaxon wasn't in front of her. A different man was, who was kneeling on one knee, facing a beautiful blonde who had glossy eyes.

Jaxon had gone to the bathroom, much to Amora's disappointment, and left her there at the table sitting alone with a hand against her swollen belly. She stared at the man, tears nearly filling her own eyes.

She wanted that... She wanted to have someone love her, someone she could wake up next to every morning and kiss goodnight. But, she also knew that wouldn't happen, at least in her mind.

The man started to confess his feelings towards the blonde, tears running down her cheeks as he kept speaking. That's when Amora nearly shrieked and she started to hyperventilate. Her eyes stung with tears. She started to stand when a hand wrapped around her waist and she was pulled into a muscular chest.

Jaxon.

"It's alright. It's okay," He whispered in her ear and kissed her head gently. "He won't hurt you again. I promise you that. He's going to be put away for a long time, love." He whispered and kept her close to himself, his arms wrapped around her waist as she sobbed into his chest.

She looked out from his chest just enough to see handcuffs being put on her baby's father wrists. The disgusting man sent a glare towards Amora. She started to cry even harder when he looked at her stomach with angered eyes and a murderous look.

Jaxon noticed it so he brought her head to his chest as he cooed soft, soothing things in her ear. He rested his chin against the top of her head as she kept crying and crying. Finally, even though she was still crying quietly, he pulled away he bent down to her level.

"Amora, it's okay. I said he wouldn't hurt you again, didn't I?" He asked, and continued when he saw the faint nod from her head. "You won't ever see him again. He won't come near you or your baby." He whispered and kissed her head gently as she leaned against his chest again and started to calm down into quiet sniffles.

Without hesitation, Jaxon brought her back home after grabbing some fast food that she was crazing.

_____________________________