Chapter 11

Haley's POV

"Haley. Haley. Wake up!" Someone says while shaking me.

"Huh? Jace? What are you doing here? Wait, where am I?" I question him.

"Thank God you're awake. You had me so worried." He says engulfing me into a big hug. "I'm so sorry I missed your phone call. When I called you back, some guy answered your phone and told me how they found you in your motel room with cuts on both arms. Why Haley?"

I'm suddenly flooded with memories from the other night and tears fall down my cheeks. "I. I don't know. I just wanted to escape for a little bit. I wasn't trying to kill myself. I'm so sorry Jace."

"Shh... don't cry Haley." He whispers in my hear while rubbing my back. "Please don't hurt yourself anymore. I can't lose you."

I look around at the unfamiliar place, "Where are we Jace?"

He grins, "I got my own place closer to you. It's about thirty minutes away from your school."

"But why did you leave your brother? I thought you were going to help him run his gym."

"I don't care about the gym like I once did. Honestly... Haley I missed you. You know I distance myself from most people, but we've spent the last two years together and the past three months without you have been hell." He says nervously while rubbing the back of his neck. He missed me. Jace actually missed me.

Jace is probably the most important person to me besides Mason, but Mason is a story for a different time. Jace found me at one of lowest points in my life and saved me. If it wasn't for him. I probably wouldn't be alive today. I've wanted to be more than just friends with Jace for some time now, but I'm pretty sure Jace just sees me as a friend or as his little sister. Plus, if He finds me again, Jace could end up in danger. I can't put Jace in danger. I care for him too much.

"Hey. Jace? Can I still fight this weekend?" I call out to him while he makes us breakfast for both of us.

"Only if you're up to it, but you'll need to train to make sure you're ready."

"Of course, I'm up to it. How about after breakfast we go to the gym?"

He smiled. "Sounds good to me."

I love going to the gym. When I was little, I use to go with my dad all the time. He was a professional MMA Fighter, but soon retired after I was born. He was my idol and taught me a lot, but after him and my mom died, my world fell to pieces. I didn't step back into a gym until I met Jace. I started training with Jace and realized I was really good at it and enjoyed it. Dad would be proud. One day Jace asked if I wanted to go to a fight with him and of course I said yes. I had been going to professional MMA Fights all my life. Even though my dad was retired from the sport, he still really enjoyed watching the fights. It was our thing. When Jace asked me to go, I was thrilled. To say I was surprised when Jace took me to an illegal fight would be a huge understatement. I mean I didn't realize it was a real thing to have illegal fighting, nor did I think a guy like Jace would be into illegal activities. It was crazy scary, and there was so much energy at the fight. I was immediately drawn to it. And the amount money you could make if you win was unbelievable. I wanted to fight. I needed to fight. Reluctantly, Jace eventually let me enter one of the fights after training daily with me for three months. It was hard and I got my ass handed to me, but I was hooked. I love the adrenaline. It was like a drug that I couldn't get enough of. Eventually, after training constantly I started winning. Not too long after that I started taking guys down that were twice my size. I just have to be careful so He can't find me. I also don't let people outside of the ring know that I can fight because I don't want them questioning me about it.

"Let's go!" Jace yells while heading out the door.

I slide into his car but then Blayne and the guys pop into my head. They followed me back to my motel Saturday. Fuck. Why did they do that? Why didn't they just let me go? "Hey Jace?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think they hate me?"

"Who?"

"The guys who were with me the other night?"

He gives me a weird look before answering. "No, but I don't think you should be hanging out with them. They look like trouble, and you seem to already have enough trouble following you."

I smile at him with a raised eyebrow, "And you're not trouble?"

"Of course, I am, but I am the best type of trouble just for you." He says as he smirks and winks at me making me blush.

Blayne's POV

It's Wednesday, and I haven't heard or seen Haley since Jace took her on Sunday. Why did we just let some stranger take her while she was passed out. Why do I care? Fuck I think she's growing on me, but why?

"Why are you sulking on the couch?" Jared ask why plopping down on the couch next to me.

"Do you think we fucked up by letting that guy take Haley?"

"I don't know." Jared answers truthfully.

"Hey Kyle." I yell through the kitchen. "Have you tried calling Haley?"

"Yeah, man. I think her phone is off. It goes straight to voicemail every time I call."

"Fuck." I mumble while combing my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sure she's fine." Kyle weakly says, but I see the worry in his face too. I don't get it. We don't even really know Haley, but we all seem to care about her. Just knowing she doesn't really have anyone, makes us all worry even more. If something happens to her, would anyone even care besides us?

"Hey, I heard that there is going to be a new fighter Saturday." Dylan says changing the subject from the conversation that Jared, Kyle and I were having.

"Did anyone want to enter, and fight him?" Alex ask all of us.

"We should just go and watch." Kyle says. "I prefer to fight when I know I can win."

"Yeah, we wouldn't want you to mess up that pretty face of yours." I joke back with him.

"This face is a gift for the ladies." Kyle says back while I roll my eyes.

"Well that settles it. We going to the fight Saturday." Dylan says.

I head up to my room, but I am stopped before entering my room by Jared. "If we haven't heard from her by next week, we'll go searching for her. We're worried about he too."

"Thanks, Bro." I reply to him before entering my room and going straight to sleep.