Chapter 18

Jace's POV

I run upstairs to check on Kadance when I find something I wasn't expecting. Outside her door his Blayne sitting on the floor crying. He looks at me and doesn't even try and pretend that he isn't crying. This wasn't a side of him that I thought he had much less that I would ever see. The anger that I had for him has now turn into sorrow. I walk over and sit beside him.

"I fucked up. I didn't mean to scare her." He says while staring at the ceiling with tears still falling down his face.

"Why did you then? What made you so angry that you blew up on her?"

"It wasn't her that I blew up on. She doesn't want to stay here because she is afraid of us getting hurt. It was the thought of her getting hurt. It was the idea of her being alone with no one to help her if she needed help. That pissed me off."

"She stubborn. She always has been and probably always will be." I say to him. I don't blame him for blowing up like that. I'm worried about her too, and it has been stressing me out too.

"Do you think he will come looking for her? Do you think he would really try and hurt anyone who gets in his way? Do you think he will hurt her?" Blayne ask me with worry in his eyes.

"I don't know. I've seen her take down guys twice her size with ease, but her ex scares her. I have no clue who he is or what he looks like, but he scares her more than anything else."

"There has to be more to it." He says as squeezes the bridge of his nose." What do I do? I really fucked up this time. She doesn't even want to speak to me?

"Give her time. Let me try and talk to her. Go get some rest and hopefully before I leave, she will come around."

Once he gets up and heads toward his room, I knock on Kadance's door and wait for her to answer.

"Blayne, if that's you, I don't want to talk to you." She replies through the door.

"Baby girl, it's me, Jace." I hear the door unlock, and lets me in.

"What do you want?" She hisses at me. Damn. She's being feisty at the moment.

"I just want to talk. I'm leaving in a few hours and won't see you for a few weeks."

"Why can't I come with you? Why do I have to stay here? They don't want me here. Blayne even blew up on me." She hisses, but I see the hurt and pain in her eyes.

I sit beside her and wrap my arms around her. "You need to stay here because it's the best way to protect you. And don't think that they don't want you here, because they all do. Especially Blayne."

"No, they don't. Especially Blayne. He wouldn't have gotten so mad if he wanted me here." She cries.

"He wasn't mad at you. He was mad because they want to protect you and you're being stubborn. They are all worried about you. Baby girl, I wouldn't let you stay here if I didn't trust them, and I do trust them. Well... most of them. I don't know about Dylan. He's a strange guy." She starts laughing.

"Thanks, Jace. And I'm not stubborn. I just don't want anything to happen to y'all either." She says while giving a me a hug. "Why are you having to watch over Brandon's gym?

"He didn't really say, but he wouldn't ask if it was important."

"How long are you going to be gone?"

"Between three and five weeks. I'm really going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." She whispers.

"When I get back, we are going to do something special. Just you and me I promise." I plan on confessing my feelings for her when I return. There better be a good reason on why Brandon needs me. I don't want to leave her.

She smiles. "I can't wait! Jace, what about my clothes? I left it all at your apartment."

"It's downstairs. I brought your stuff, when I had to go pack mine. Oh! Kadance?

"Huh?

"No street fighting while I'm gone, okay?"

"But why?"

"No!" I say sternly.

"Fine. You're lucky I love you." Love? I love her. I wish she loved me the same way I love.

"Yeah, Yeah. I love you too." I tell her back. I really love her. "Bye Baby Girl. We will call each other every day while I'm gone. I promise."

I leave her room and walk to Blayne's room. I knock on the door and he answer.

"Yes?"

"Hey, I'm leaving."

"How is she doing?"

"She's better now. She was just a little freaked out. You should talk to her soon."

"Thanks." He says with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm going to go, but you better take care of her."

"I will. I won't let anything happen to her. I promise."

"I'm keeping you to your promise. You're not going to like me if something happens to her. Bye." He better protect her.

Blayne's POV

After Jace left, all the guys went out to see a moving leaving me and Kadance at the house. I decide that this would probably the best time to talk to her since we are alone. I walk to her room and knock on the door. She immediately opens it.

"Princess, can we talk?"

"I guess, but I was about to go downstairs and make me something to eat."

This gives a me a brilliant idea. "Dress in something nice and we will go out to eat."

"It's okay. I was just going to go make a sandwich."

"Please Princess, let me take you out for dinner. I want to make up for my outburst from earlier." I beg.

"Okay but stop calling me Princess."

"No can do, Princess. Meet me downstairs when you're ready." She smiles slightly at me and it makes my heart race. I really like this girl.