5 ~ Cruel Fate

You slowly opened your eyes and you yawned while you sat up in your bed. You stretched your back while lazily pulling your blanket off of you and walked out of your room. Luckily it was a weekend so you didn't have work. Yesterday you left the lake when the sun was rising not realizing how quickly the time passed when you were talking with jin so you had slept in. 

You walked to the living room only to be met by four of your friends attempting to squeeze onto the small living room couch. You laughed seeing that jimin, yoongi, and taehyung clearly came over to hang out and were fighting jungkook for the space on the couch. 

"get off the couch you stupid overgrown bunny, we were sitting here first" yoongi grumbled in distaste as jungkook pushed all three of your friends off the couch. Sometimes you wondered why he was so strong. 

You laughed harder seeing jungkook push everyone off the couch and they all turned their heads to you. 

"oh so now your awake" you watched hoseok walk out of the kitchen to join everyone and you spoke "it's still morning" you replied and taehyung screamed

"it's almost lunch time" you and yoongi simply both shrugged "close enough to morning".

"you two are way to lazy" hoseok sighed while jimin quickly got up from his spot on the ground and ran over to you. 

"y/n since you're awake, tell yoongi that going outside is a good idea" you laughed as jimin spoke happily and yoongi was visibly upset about the idea of going out. You knew he was always lazy on weekends but your four other friends loved going out and being active. 

You had sided with yoongi last weekend and you guys stayed in so you answered

"sorry yoongs but we stayed in last weekend so we go out this weekend" you spoke and everyone cheered while yoongi groaned in frustration. You laughed and helped yoongi off of the floor "come on I'll make sure we can find a place where you can just relax too". 

Yoongi smiled "fine"

~

You looked around in confusion when you realized you had somehow ended up at a very fancy clothing store. It was because of taehyung, his stupid cute smile distracted you and now you were at his favorite store once again. You glared at taehyung while he happily clapped his hand in excitement. 

"taehyung, we are leaving" you scolded while he pouted. You sighed knowing you couldn't say no to his pouting face, it was too powerful. 

"fine, one hour" you sighed out. 

"well I'll be sitting in the dressing room sleeping, call me when you guys are done" yoongi mumbled out while you all decided to split up. You went shopping with jungkook while jimin and taehyung went together. Then of course you saw hoseok grabbing yoongi's arm as he forced him to walk around the store with him. You laughed as you watched yoongi getting dragged by hoseok and eventually started to look around.

You picked up a random white shirt and you chocked when you saw the price. Jungkook leaned over your shoulder to see the price and he chocked as well.

"alright not good. Jungkook go watch over tae and make sure he doesn't spend to much money" you sighed knowing jimin and jungkook needed to be there to control taehyung so he doesn't spend his whole life savings at this clothing store. 

"on it" jungkook rushed away trying to find taehyung but as soon as he left your side you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turned around and you were surprise to see namjoon. He smiled brightly and spoke "well we meet again"

You gave a friendly smile as you remembered the handkerchief, luckily you brought your bag. You reached into your bag and handed him the small cloth. "you dropped this the day I bumped into you" oddly it seemed familiar giving it the handkerchief to him.

You furrowed your brows and namjoon seemed almost heartbroken taking the small handkerchief from you but his expression quickly changed while he looked up at you "thank you, this means a lot to me but it seems like it was drawn to you" you were confused by his words but before you could question namjoon further you heard someone call you.

"y/n, taehyung won't let go of this sweater" you sighed at turned to namjoon "well I have to go stop my friend from spending his life savings, maybe I will see you some other time" you gave another smile and namjoon smiled as well.

You walked away but then you remembered what he said earlier. 

drawn to you

so you quickly turned around to ask him about what he said but he was gone. Your eyes widened, maybe he was just a fast walker, it would make sense with his long legs.  

You simply sighed and turned around to go help jungkook and jimin. As soon as you turned you saw taehyung attempting to balance a huge pile of clothes in his arms while jungkook and jimin were trying to convince taehyung to put some down. 

You rushed over "kim taehyung put that down"

~

Namjoon looked down at the small handkerchief in his hands with a sorrowful expression. He quickly changed the suit he wore into the normal clothes he wore around the garden with a wave of his hand. 

He was back where he belonged, where everything started.

"namjoon there you are, I have to discuss something with you" namjoon looked up at jin and he quickly removed the sorrowful expression from his face and replaced it with a smile. 

"oh your highness, what brings you here" jin sighed "this is my garden namjoon of course I would be here, it is you who is not supposed to be here" he sighed and namjoon laughed. 

"well what do you need" he asked and jin seemed to be distressed so namjoon sat up from the small pond and looked up at jin giving him his full attention. 

"it's my father, he wishes for me to marry some girl from another region but I have found my soulmate" jin was looking at the small pond in his garden with pure affection in his eyes. Jin then looked at namjoon, namjoon felt his heart tug while he looked at the prince. If he knew what namjoon had done... he would not be looking at namjoon with such grateful eyes like he is now. 

"after all you said that I would find my soulmate if I just looked here, and she actually appeared. I knew the moment we met eyes that she was the one so I denied my father's request" jin said while namjoon sighed. 

"however, I should surely show him the girl I wish to marry, so I want you to tell me where she is in the kingdom so I can bring her to meet my father" jin was smiling brightly and he looked at the pond with a large smile thinking of meeting his destined soulmate, y/n.

Namjoon froze at jins words while he suddenly was filled with dread, y/n may have caught on to jin's identity considering his clothing choice but jjin clearly did not considering he has never seen anything like what y/n wore, he must have just assumed she was from a far away region.  Namjoon felt his stomach turn while he thought about what he had done. A girl from the future and a boy from the past connected to each other... destined soulmates that could never meet. 

A cruel fate namjoon brought upon them.