8~ Forgotten

Min Seoyoung the princess of the territory located right next to the very land that jin's family ruled over.  Jin had only spoken to the girl once but he knew from that short period of time the girl was not someone he wanted to be around. When his father announced his supposed marriage to her he denied immediately, not only because he didn't enjoy conversing with the stuck up girl but he also had y/n.  

"what are you talking about seoyoung" she smirked as she walked closer towards jin and "it's simple jin. You see your father has arranged for us to get married and in return we wont wage war"

Jin was furious, his father told him he would respect his wishes so why was seoyoung here and talking about marriage. "judging by your expression you didn't know, but your father is smart jin. After all you and I both know our region is more powerful than yours. It was a wise decision from a useless king"

Jin clenched his fists and held his anger. "I would appreciate if you did not talk about my father like that". Seoyoung smirked and the she faked surprise "oh my, I'm so sorry, I tend to spit out the truth before I can even hold myself back"

Jin felt his anger rise "I must go talk to my father". Jin clenched his fists tighter and forced a smile towards seoyoung. Even though jin didn't even want to acknowledge her presence he also knew it wouldn't be wise to start an argument. 

He had more important things to do, like see his father. So jin quickly walked into the palace and stomped down the halls until he arrived at the throne room. He slammed the door open. 

"Father why is seoyoung here" jin yelled out, he was furious and could no longer contain his rage and his father glared at him. 

"jin, a prince does not yell at a king, know your place" his father seethed and jin found himself feeling weak once again. His father had always made him feel that way, weak and useless. 

"I have arranged the marriage and it is final" jin was clenching his fists once again until his knuckles turned white. 

"I already told you I have someone I love, I have someone I wish to be with. Please you can't do this" he pleaded. He wanted to be with the one who made his heart race, he wanted to be with the one who made him comfortable, he wanted to be with the one who saw that he was not just a prince...He wanted to be with y/n.

Even thought jin was skeptical of namjoon and thought he was crazy when he stated his soulmate would randomly appear in his pond all of jins doubts were swept away when he first saw y/n. 

His father sat up while jin felt intimidated, his father was someone jin was scared of. Ever since his mother died his father would always be cold to jin, he constantly pushed him aside, constantly made him feel weak and useless, constantly made him feel small. 

"is she wealthy or has land and power"

Jin remembered your many conversations, you would always talk about how you never had the things jin had but yet you still looked at jin with a happy smile.

"no but I-"

"then there is nothing to discuss. leave" jins heart shook at the cold and warning tone in his fathers voice. His father's eyes were fierce and jin knew that the conversation was over. He felt his anger rise but he felt the fear rise as well as he looked at his father. 

All he cared about was money, power, status. He never cared about jin so why would he suddenly start now. Jin felt frustrated and his heart clenched but he sighed while he simply bowed his head and left the room. He walked back to his garden and was relieved to see seoyoung was no longer there. 

He did see a note though.

Soon we will be married and I expect you to grow up and stop spending time in this ridiculous garden.

Jin crumpled up the paper and threw it away while he walked over to the pond, the sun was still out and he wished he could control it so it always night, so he could always be with y/n. Jin felt his heart hurt while he thought about the marriage with seoyoung, if he could just bring y/n here sooner maybe they could run away together. 

But he also knew the crescent moon was coming which meant that connection would be the weakest and he probably couldn't talk with y/n like namjoon warned. However, soon after the full moon would come again. Then he could finally be with y/n. 

~

You walked around the park while you breathed in the fresh air, you finished your work early for once and had some free time before it would be dark and you would go see jin. 

"you look very happy today" you looked up and noticed a familiar dimpled smile. You must have been smiling without realizing when you were thinking about jin. You blushed lightly but quickly changed the subject "what brings you here namjoon"

"oh I was walking around, I wanted some fresh air. Do you mind if I join you"

"of course not" you smiled while you two began walking around and talking, even thought you had only met two times it was comfortable to talk to namjoon. 

"oh I love these" you looked over at the flower namjoon had picked up, it was so familiar. You zoned out looking at it but namjoon waved his hand in front of your face "y/n" you quickly snapped out of it and gave a light smile "yes, it's beautiful" 

Namjoon smiled again and handed it to you as you admired the flower. You looked the the unique purple color. You honestly didn't know a lot about flowers so you had not idea what the flower was named but you did find it beautiful. 

You continued looking at it while a feeling of familiarity washed over you again, just like the handkerchief. You gently tiled the flower in your hands but your phone brought you out of your trance. You noticed hoseok messaged you and was telling you to come home to eat.

"sorry I have to go now, maybe I will see you around" you gave a wave to namjoon and hurried off home to eat before hoseok would yell at you. You still looked at the the flower in your hand curiously though. 

Namjoon watched as y/n ran off and he had noticed the look you had given the flower, it was as if you were familiar with it and he froze, it couldn't be. Namjoon frowned while he softly spoke "does she remember".

~

"bye guys,  I have my phone so text me if anything comes up" you ran out of your house and quickly walked down the path to the lake with your large flashlight in hand. You looked up at the sky while you sat down at your usual spot and noticed a crescent moon. 

You remembered jin had said something about the moon controlling how strong the connection was and wondered if the crescent moon would affect things. You looked into the lake and noticed your reflection was still not showing, so maybe it would work. Then you saw jin smiling lightly at you. 

"jin" you yelled excitedly and jins eyebrows furrowed, he was clearly speaking to you but you could not hear him. You sighed realizing the connection was weak so you two could not hear each other. It seems like jin had realized as well because he pointed to the moon and shook his head sadly. 

So you smiled and stood up while trying to explain your day using motions and jin was clearly laughing at your ridiculous actions. You smiled as you and jin took turns trying to act out the events from your day or his and the familiar flower that was on your mind was suddenly forgotten.