Chapter eight

I watch from behind Mo'at as Eytukan spoke loudly into the crowded clearing

I watch from behind Mo'at as Eytukan spoke loudly into the crowded clearing. "Tsu'tey will lead the war party!" Tsu'tey bellowed raising his fists, making the crowd go wild.

Grace spoke up within the large crowd. "Stop. Please," she tried in vain to calm the raging clan, "This will only make it worse." The dream-walker stared right at Eytukan.

Tsu'tey's lip curled into a snarl. "You do not speak here." He all but growled at the female. I looked up at the tall, angry beings, why is everyone so angry? "We will strike them in the heart!" He yelled and raised his bow in the air. The clan yelped and hollered with him.

Then i heard a single voice stand out against the rest. "Tsu'tey! Don't do this." It was Jake and Neytiri. Lowering my gaze i saw them holding hands. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I watch as Tsu'tey stalked towards them, his face contorted in anger. He handed his bow of to someone while walking closer. "You..."

Jake tried walking forward to calm him down. "Listen brother-" But he is quickly quieted when Tsu'tey shoves him to the ground. I let out a quiet gasp.

Neytiri tried to keep Tsu'tey from attacking Jake. "You mated with this woman?"

I took a step back as Mo'at walks up to her daughter. "Is this true?" She asked anger clear in her voice. This wasn't supposed to happen. Jake was supposed to be my best friend, not my father.

Neytiri glances at me. "We are mated before Eywa," looking over at Tsu'tey i see him close to tears, "it is done."

"Brother please, do not attack the sky people." Jake begs the other male. "Many Omaticaya will die if you do."

Tsu'tey walks away in anger, his fist clenched. His breathing uneven as he slowly turned back to Jake. "You are not my brother!" Tsu'tey attacks Jake his knife drawn. But Jake stops his attack and throws him away.

Jake draws his knife as well. Eytukan hurries Neytiri away while Mo'at scooped me into her arms, handing me off to Neytiri who cradled me in her arms. "And i am not your enemy!" He throws his knife to the ground. "You're enemy is out there and they're very powerful. Neytiri turned me away and put my face in the crook of her neck.

"I can talk to them!"

"No more talk!"

Suddenly i heard struggling and grunts of pain. I tried turning my head but it was quickly turned back around.

"I am Omaticaya. I am one of you. And i have the right to speak." Jake spoke loudly to the clan who were all silent. "I have something to say... to all of you."

Suddenly i hear a thump, Neytiri bends down and i look over seeing a now limp Grace. "Grace!" Neytiri shouts, shaking the limp female.

Jake looks at Grace with troubled eyes. "Oh no." Jake whispers, his eyes flicking from Grace to Neytiri. "Okay... look... i was sent here to-" Suddenly his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he's falling to the ground.

Tsu'tey leaps onto Jake, putting a knife to his throat. "You see? Its a demon in a false body." Neytiri sets me on the ground and leapt towards Tsu'tey. She threw him off of her mate, hissing at the other male.

I whimpered at the sight of my family fighting. I took a few steps away only to be picked up by Mo'at. She hugged me to her body, shielding me from what was happening.

———

I was sitting close to a pregnant female who Mo'at gave the responsibility to watch over me. The females mate sitting shoulder to shoulder with her. My head snapped up when i hear Neytiri shouting for her mother.

Jake who was now wide awake stood next to her. "Eytukan, i have something to say!" Grace spoke up beside him. "Listen." She begged to the great leader.

"Speak, jakesully."

"A great evil is upon us. The sky people are coming..." jake waved his arms around wildly, "...to destroy hometree." He looks at Neytiri and whispered to her.

"They're going to be here soon!" Neytiri tells them with haste. Her eyes full of terror. I wanted to run up to her but i was held back by the female.
"You have to leave or your going to die." Jake tried to reason with the leaders.

Mo'at looked at them her forehead furrowed in confusion. "Are you certain of this?" Her gold eyes darted between the two.

Jake took a deep breath and focused his eyes on Eytukan. "They sent me here to learn your ways... so that one day i could bring this message and that you would believe it."

"What are you saying Jake?" Neytiri asks, confusion swirling in her gild eyes as she touched his shoulder. "You knew this would happen?" She whispers in disbelief.

"Yes... look at first it was Quaritch's orders. And then everything changed, i fell in love- i fell in love with the forest, and with the Omaticaya people, with you. I felt like a father to Ella, she is the reason that I wandered away and found you." Jake looks at her with desperation in his eyes.

"I trusted you..." Neytiri whispers, "I trusted you." She shouted at him betrayal in her eyes. "You will never be one of the people!" She sobbed, i broke free of the woman and ran up to them. Neytiri steps away from him, lifting me into her arms. "You will never be a worthy father!" My eyes watered at all the loud noises.

"We tried to stop-" Grace tried to interfere with all the fighting.

"Bind them."

The shouting continued and i let out a sob making Neytiri stops shouting. She looked down at me with sad concerned eyes. Soon i was sobbing into her neck, Neytiri tried calming me down by rubbing my back. But i was scared, I've never been this scared before.

My home is going to be destroyed, everyone is fighting, and we're all going to die. Everyone should be running for their lives. But no, we're standing in the place thats going to be destroyed, arguing.

This is going to end horribly.