Chapter 2

You were in Law's quarters, flexing your regained knee, when someone knocked the door.

"Come in," Law answered.

The door opened to show Bepo waiting behind it.

"What is it?"

"We're arriving to Memory Island, Captain," Bepo informed. "If everything goes as planned we'll be there by tomorrow sunrise."

"All right. Tell everyone to get ready to surface," Law ordered.

You couldn't help smiling when you saw Bepo's face litting at the mention of surfacing. "So soon? Aren't we going to wait until tonight, at least?" you asked, confused he wanted to surface already.

"No, it's fine. We'll do it now. It's not a dangerous island, anyways," he explained.

"I'll go inform the crew," Bepo concluded with a bow of his head before leaving.

"What do you know about the island?" you asked your captain.

"There's not much to know about it. Just a normal peaceful island known for being covered by a thick fog once every hundred years," he explained siting behind his desk.

"Yeah, because being covered by fog once every hundred years it's the most common thing in the world," you noted sarcastically.

"It's just another weather event caused by the New World's meteorological conditions. You've seen worse than that."

You approached his desk, took his notes about the island and looked over them. "Here says that fog has magical powers." You deadpanned. It sounded so absurd to you...

"It's just a rumor. Nothing we should worry about." He snatched his notes from your hands and placed them back on his desk. "Shouldn't you be getting ready to surface?"

"Oh, right, I almost forgot." You sent him an apologetic smile. "Are you coming?"

"I need a moment to finish something. I'll be there soon, though."

"Okay... See you."

He didn't answer, already submerged in whatever he was doing, so you just went to the door and left, closing it behind you.

It felt good to feel the breeze caressing your skin.

You were at the deck, enjoying the pleasant weather. It seemed it was a spring island. You could already see it from far. It didn't look too big, but it was bigger than the island were you grew up.

Bepo was beside you, enjoying the breeze as well. You were alone at the deck; the rest of the crew had left long ago since it was already evening. Law hadn't been outside not even for fifteen minutes, as he just came out the sub to take a look at the island and your surroundings.

"What kind of magic do you think that fog may have?" you wondered. You didn't really expect the fog to have magic powers, but it was fun to imagine what it could be in the case it was possible.

"I don't know," was the only answer Bepo gave you.

You thought about it for a while. "Maybe you can swim through it. Maybe it's the only way devil fruit users can swim," you guessed giggling a little.

"Maybe it brings cute female bears with it," Bepo dreamed making you giggle more.

You hugged him and snuggled into his soft fur. "You're so cute, Bepo." You smiled.