Natural

This was emotionally hard for me to write. So I apologize in advance. Also a lot of dialogue.

We stood in the lot, and I opened my mouth, turning to my soon to be ex boyfriend.
"I don't love you anymore Johnny..." those words caught in my throat and made me want to vomit, especially after I saw the look on his face. But I had to be truthful.
"W-why? What did I do wrong?" He stuttered, tears welling up in his eyes.
He had not done anything, it was all me. "You didn't do anything... I've found somebody else," I told him, dropping my gaze.
He nodded in acceptance, tears now streaming down his face. "Oh, ok."
I felt worse than I ever had in my life. "I'm so sorry baby-"
"Don't call me that."
"S-Sorry," I mumbled. He had never snapped at me like that, but I guess I deserved it.
"Who is it?" He asked, still looking at the ground.
"Cherry... Cherry Valance," I admitted.
I saw him sob silently from my peripheral vision. "When- when we were still together?" He asked.
I stayed silent; I knew that he knew what I did. "I'm so sorry-"
"Stop fucking apologizing! I know you aren't sorry! You're just saying that so I won't be mad, but I am. I can't just forgive you for this Dally. If you weren't happy with me, you should've told me. I could've- I could've let you go. But-" he broke down in tears, shaking silently.
My heart shattered, and I stepped to him, arms outstretched.
"Stay the fuck away from me!" He snapped. "P-please... I can't do this."
The sorrow in his voice broke me. "Johnny, listen to me," I said sternly, grabbing him by the shoulders. "I am truly sorry, from the bottom of my heart. I didn't want to hurt you like I did, but... I did. And I'll never forgive myself for it. I'm-"
He pushed me away from him, sending me down onto the ground. I was shocked by his strength. "I don't want your damn apology! This is hard enough without you making it all about yourself!" He yelled in my face. "If you wanted the dumb broad you should've gone for her first, not me! That's not fair... it's not fair..."
I was getting mad now. He just didn't understand. "Listen here you dumb fuck, life ain't fair." He flinched back at my tone. "I'm sorry you want everything to be about you, but it isn't ok?" I stood up and brushed myself off. "It's not my fault you're unlovable, I mean, look at how your parents treat you. Can you really blame them? Maybe you should just kill yourself, nobody would miss you."
I immediately regretted every word that had just came out of my mouth, and I could tell Johnny fell for my words.
He took a few steps back, shaking his head ever so slightly. "Y-you're lying..." he was gasping for air, and he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to calm himself.
I bit my lip, trying to find words to say. "Johnny-"
"I hate you!" He shrieked, and I was done with his bull shit.
"I hate you too Johnny Cade! Everyone does!" I threw my arms out to symbolize "everyone", and Johnny flinched back, covering his face.
I stopped, realizing he thought that I was going to hit him. My eyes welled with tears.
"Oh no, Johnny. I wasn't going to hurt you," I murmured, pulling the shorter boy into my chest and holding him tightly. "I would never."
He didn't pull away from my touch. He didn't even try. He just kept his face covered and sobbed. Hard. I kept my arms wrapped around him, constantly whispering about how sorry I was.
It was starting to sprinkle, so I sat Johnny down in grass, kissed the top of his head, and walked away, not looking back.
By the time I arrived home, it was pouring rain, and I felt like a total dick for leaving Johnny out there, but he had legs, he could walk home.
I picked up the landline in the kitchen, dialing the familiar number.
"Hey Cherry... yeah, I broke up with him... you still wanna go out?"

Jallyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें