Candle

ok so idk if you've listened to this song before or if you haven't. BUT LISTEN TO IT RIGHT TF NOW. this song has literally been my candle through quarantine, and i think it'll help you guys too. with that being said, here's a new chapter! (this doesn't have anything to do with previous chapters).

Ok so this is a really shitty chapter. Umm, I'm sorry. I'm really not feeling it, but I know a few of you really wanted a new chapter. So here it is.

GO LISTEN TO THE SONG NOW.

I bit my lip, looked down at Johnny. He was currently asleep in my bed, running a fever of one hundred and two degrees.
I ran my hand through my hair, debating if I should wake him up and get him to eat.
Sighing, I shook his shoulder. He slowly blinked awake; his eyes were bright and shiny, burning with fever.
"you need to eat something, ok," I said gently. It wasn't a question.
He shook his head, sitting up and pulling back the covers.
"No, no. You stay here, I'll bring you something, ok?"
"Ok." His voice was rough and monotone.
     I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. I didn't know what to fucking feed sick people.
     I thought back to my mother. When I was sick she would give me saltine crackers or toast, chicken broth, and sprite if we had it.
     Lucky, I had all of those. I grabbed a paper plate, piled a few crackers on it, heated up a bowl of chicken broth, and fixed Johnny a cup of sprite.
     I managed to carry all of this back to my room without dropping anything, but I must have looked stupid as hell, because Johnny instantly began giggling when I walked through the door.
He grabbed the plate of crackers from my hand before I could spill anything. I sat his drink and soup on the end table beside him.
"You eat, I'll be right back, ok?"
"Ok Dal," he said quietly, nibbling at a cracker.
      I left Johnny in my room to go sit on my porch for a few minutes. I needed fresh air. I sat in the metal chair and propped my feet up on the railing.
     I closed my eyes for a moment.

     I heard my front door open and immediately opened my eyes.
     "Are you ok? What's wrong?" I asked as Johnny emerged from my house.
     "Uhh, you've been out here two hours. I was just coming to make sure you weren't dead."
     "Oh," I laughed. "I'm sorry kid."
     He grinned. He looked a lot better since he ate; his voice was not longer dead and color was back in his face.
     He came over and sat on my lap. I pressed my cheek to his forehead; his fever had gone down too.
     "You ok?" I asked him.
     He hummed contently. "Yeah."
     "The sunset is pretty tonight," I noted.
     Johnny looked up at the sky for the first time. "Wow."
     The bright, vibrant colors of the sunset gleamed in Johnny's eyes, and I felt myself getting lost in them.
     He noticed me staring, a light blush spread across his face.
     I slowly leaned my head down to meet his lips.
     We were barely an inch apart when he pulled away.
     "What's wrong?" I asked him quickly.
      "I'm sick Dal, I don't wanna get you sick too!"
      "I've been taking care of your sick ass for the past three days; if I was going to get sick, I'd have it by now," I said, before crushing my lips to his.
     Johnny kissed me back hungrily, and I savored the moment.
     We pulled away, gasping for breath.
     Johnny grinned and laid his head on my shoulder, failing to stifle his yawn.
     I stood up, holding him to my chest.
     "Put me down Dal," he mused sleepily.
     "Nope. It's time for bed!" I told him happily.
     "But Dally," he whined. "I don't wanna go to bed. I wanna talk with you." He gave me his best puppy dog eyes.
     "What if I go to bed with you?" I bargained.
     He bit his lip. "Deal."

     Johnny and I sat in my bed, curled up under many blankets. Johnny rested his head in my lap, and i ran my fingers through his soft black hair.
     "I love you," he whispered quietly.
     I grinned stupidly. "I love you too kid," I said happily.
     Johnny giggled before his breathing evened out and he fell asleep.
     I smiled to myself before I closed my eyes too.