Battle

"Ro.... Ro, you're gonna have to carry me, man. I'm fuckin' melting here. Why'd there have to be two suns?" I dragged my feet through the sand, and I knew the big alien was just ignoring me. However, the other beings native to this planet were staring at Ro and I while seemingly having guarded and cautious body language.

  Taking in a deep breath through my nose, I glanced around my surroundings, looking at the adobe-like buildings and junk littering the sandy streets. A Cheshire-worthy grin played on my lips, and I stopped walking to get some space between the Yautja and I.

  When he was a few yards away, I bolted for him, jumping onto the side of a building before leaping off to give me a boost. Ro was turning when he heard me running, but I had landed right on his back before he saw where I was. Ro growled, grabbing at me to pull me off while I was laughing since he kept missing.

  My laughter was cut short when his fist suddenly gripped the back of my shirt, and I was thrown. Grunting when I landed hard on my back, I looked up to see Ro looking down at me. I couldn't see his expression because of the Bio-Mask, but I wasn't done.

  Flipping over, I kicked up sand as I stood and lunged at Ro. He side-stepped and placed his hand on the back of my head, pushing down to send me face-first back into the sand. I placed my hand onto the ground before that happened, though, and turned to kick the big guy in the gut.

  The strike landed, but Ro caught my ankle and pulled, dragging me until I nearly got a mouthful of sand if not for the Bio-Mask.

  "What are you doing?" He questioned while dropping my leg.

  "Just gettin' a good stretch." I replied, swinging with my right arm. That was when Ro finally seemed to actually pay attention as he leaned back to avoid the hit. I swung lower, making him jump back, and I dropped down, spinning on my heel with my other leg straight out to catch his legs before he could steady himself.

  There was a loud thud from the big guy falling, and I stood over him while placing a foot on his chest. Throwing my hands up, I howled with victory over the giant in the middle of the street. His hand wrapped around the leg I was standing on, pulling it while using his other hand to push my stomach, knocking me flat onto my back.

  Ro got to his feet, shaking his head like a dog to get the sand off. He bent over to grab my ankle and just started dragging me through the street, not giving me the chance to get up or fight back.

  "Ro! That's not fair! Come on!" I shouted, trying to get my leg free as hot sand got stuck in my shirt, hair, and tech arm. The big guy ignored me, not letting go of my ankle as he casually walked to a building. He stopped at the corner and dropped me in front of himself.

  "Stay." He grunted while I was sitting up, and I narrowed my eyes at the hulking alien.

  "Why?"

  "Stay." He pointed at me with a clawed finger before going into the building.

  "I'm not a pet! Ya big, scaley, beefy alien...." I grumbled while shaking my right arm to get the sand out. Standing, I shook out my shirt and looked around. There were a few of the natives still staring at me, but they would quickly look away when they saw my head turn in their direction.

  Clearly, they knew about Yautja as well. Was Earth the only planet not majorly aware of these hunters?

  Sighing through my nose, I glanced at the entrance of the building Ro had disappeared through before turning the corner and going between the buildings to where there was actual shade from the blistering sun.