Chapter One: Meeting the family (Edited)

Destiny POV

I walked the in house only to be tackled down by the twins. I love these kids like they're my own. When my brother, their father, died, I swore to him that I would help his mate and take care of them until I died.

"Hello, my lovelies!" I said before kissing their foreheads

"Binti! We missed you!" Ray the first twin told me

"I haven't been gone that long. Now go and wash up before dinner, I have to talk to your mother" I spoke

They both nodded before getting off of me. They linked hands and ran off to the bathroom.

I quickly got up and went to find Elizabeth, their mother, my brother's mate. After following the smell of food to the kitchen I found her making shrimp gumbo.

"There is my beautiful Destiny!" She smiled

"We need to talk" I stated

She put the lid on the pot of rice and put down the gloves she had on. She followed me to my bathroom and I shut the door. I turned on the bath so the twins wouldn't hear.

"What's wrong? Is it that bad that we had to turn on the bath?" She asked seriously

"Sit down" I returned the same seriousness

"I'm fine, tell me"

"No, you're going to need to sit down"

She sat down on the toilet and I took a deep breath.

"I messed up, bad. I found him. My mate" I confessed

"Destiny..." she trailed off

"I know. I told him to leave me. But it's not going to happen. He's kinda a lycan...and an alpha, I could feel it in my bones. He also kinda promised to find me and to take me..."

"..."

"Is that good or bad silence?"

"Both. It's good you find your mate but, bad that he won't leave you alone and is lycan. It's even worse you can't reject him." She stated

"Lycan...wow. And an alpha?" she whispered

"Wow, you're screwed. You know you have to mate with him. The goddess won't have it any other way. You are the preservation of the two almost extinct races" I was faced with the ugly truth as she said her words.

"You don't need to tell me. I'll try to hold off as long as I can"

"You better do it before the goddess forces you too," she said flatly "When I didn't mate with your brother I ended up with the twins and horny as fuck" she continued

"Ugh. Don't remind me. Rayshawn is probably laughing his ass off in his grave"

"Probably"

"Not helping!" I shouted

She giggled before giving me a kiss on my forehead and leaving me to my thoughts. Goddess. What I wouldn't give to wallow in
self-pity but, I can't.

I sighed before turning off the water and walked out. Damn. With how much I sigh I sound like a damn moody teen. Who cares?

I walked to the kitchen to see Eliza stirring the rice into the shrimp gumbo. I set the table and grabbed some drinks and French bread. I put in on the plat next to the bowl. I grabbed the bowls and put the gumbo in them. Then placed them back on the plates.

"Ray! Resha! Dinner is ready" I called

They came skipping in with linked hands. They are literally the definition of inseparable. They walked past me to wash their hands. Once they finished we all sat down and linked hands.

"Goddess above, we thank you for our wonderful family and this food. May we eat well and let it be nourishment for our bodies. We pray this in your name and I still don't like you, Amen" I prayed even if I didn't like the Goddess. Had to show the kids good etiquette.

Eliza took a bite then we all ate. It was delicious. Shrimp gumbo just had to be one of my favorite meals.

We continued eating and making small talk. We talked about our day and things the twins learned. Of course, I left out the fact I met my mate. For thirteen-year-olds, the twins were fucking smart.

Everything was fine until there was a knock on our door. The strange thing was we knew no one and live about an hour away from the nearest town.

Thankfully I had created a procedure in case something like this happened. Eliza grabbed two guns from under the table, passing one to me and keeping one for her. The twins grabbed pocket knife I gifted to them on their fifth birthday. The twins and Eliza quickly yet quietly made their way to the back door.

"Coming!" I called

I put my knife its holster and my loaded gun in my back pocket. I made my way to the front door. I put on a fake smile and opened the door.

Lycan, I thought

"He was right when he said you were quite the beauty" he spoke

"Excuse me, do I know you?" I asked

I put my hand on my gun ready to pull it out as I clicked off the safety

"I'm sure you remember me, mate. Now, let's not be rash. Take your hand off your gun" my mate spoke as he came into view

I growled at that as my mate smirked. I felt my eyes begin to glow from my intense anger. I quickly turned so the wouldn't see. I had to get them to leave before I shifted.

Who does he think he is to just show up at my house?! I thought

"Leave." I spoke my voice multiplied sounding unrealistically inhumane

I couldn't control it almost so I called my last resort

"Peaches!" I yelled walking towards where Eliza was

Not even seconds later the twins came charging at the uninvited guest in cub form. Then the lioness came. I turned, took my knife and threw it in my mate's friend's leg. Eliza shut the door with her body weight and I felt my self getting out of control. I heard them all shift.

"Destiny..." I felt the house shake

Then...

——————————————————————————

A/N

QOTD: What is your favorite season?

You love me for my cliffhanger, don't you! I was listening to It's Over, Isn't It by Jenny while writing this so I decided to leave it on a cliffhanger. Let me know if there are any grammar errors. See you next week!

Tuning out my Awkwards!
————————————————————————