Chapter Eight: The Past (Edited)

Damien POV

I growled as I treaded through the hallways looking for my mate. I was growing angrier each second I didn't have her in my arms. I would tear this place apart looking for her.

I stomped into her sister's room looking for her. She was sitting on the bed while her cubs were running around the room.

"Where is she?!" I shouted

"Wait, she's not here?" She asked calmly

"No!" I growled out

She huffed before saying "She's gone to see him"

"Who!"

"Her brother..." she paused "She needs this time while she is visiting him, alone. She very sensitive during this time and prefers no one to see her at their weakest points" she gave me a small sad smile

"Why couldn't I have met him while she is with him?" I questioned

"My mate, her brother, is well...dead" she whispered

"I don't understand"

"Well, how about you come in and let me explain..." she offered. I hesitantly nodded and walked in.
⭐️
On June fifth, 1987, Rayshawn Daveen Requalhi, was born. This was her brother and my mate. On July thirty-first, Destiny Renee Requalhi was born.
All throughout Gigi Requalhi's second pregnancy, she tried to sabotage it. She was visited by the goddess the day before she found out she was pregnant with Destiny. She told her that she would give birth to one of the legends and saviors. She found this as a curse instead of a blessing.

Time skip ten years and it's Destiny's tenth birthday. She was playing a game with her brother and got mad. She was jealous that he could shift and he couldn't. The game wasn't exactly fair due to that small detail.

The ground around her started shaking like there was an earthquake. She glowed white and shifted into something...like how you would expect goddesses' to look.

Her brother managed to calm her down and stop the shift. He gave her a suppression ring to wear until she got her powers under control.
He was always there for her. He was her rock when she had no love that came from her mother. He kissed her booboos when she got hurt. He was basically the mother she never had and more.
So when the time came that he inherited the pride and found me, she let him go share his love with everyone. He did, we had two precious little girls. Although he had other things to worry about, he still was there for her. So when their father died that year, he held her through the rough month of restless sleep and endless crying.

On her eighteenth birthday, her mother tried to kill her. She said she was an abomination and despicable. She was a very cruel woman and held nothing back.

She came at Destiny with a knife aimed at her. In the midst of the fighting, she almost killed her. Instead, she killed her son because he stepped in. Before died he made a fatal blow to her mother and killed her too. With his last words, he told her to protect me and our family and not to blame herself. She still does to this day, she says if only she had been a little stronger he would be here today.

He knew he was going to die. The goddess had visited him and told him to protect Destiny. He gave his goodbyes and died for her. She took his death the hardest out of all of us. Even if losing a mate is hard, losing one of the few people who truly loved you is harder.

She had made his wish true and protected us to this day. She had led the pride throughout these years and helped raise the girls. On their eighteenth birthday, they will inherit the pride and we'll go from there. So far she has taught them everything about the pride and how to take care of it.

But, through everything she had to do in her life, she still makes time to visit a river on this day at 2:57 to send an offering to him. She will sit by that river and tell him what has happened. She is always so caught up with this that she always forgets to celebrate her birthday.
⭐️
"I didn't know" I whispered

"Barely anyone outside of the pride does" she said with a smile before she paused "you need to make this day and time a happy moment for her. Before my mate did he said to tell her mate to make her as happy as he did in his absence. In fact, make her happier than he did...I trust you to carry out this wish" she spoke with a big smile. The memory of a mate was always happy.

I was about to speak when I felt fear course through my body. It wasn't mine...Destiny!
I ran through the house calling my pack to come protect their Luna. I shifted and ran to where I felt her distress the strongest. She may be able to protect herself but, she still had a huge target on her stomach; the pups.
⭐️
Destiny POV

I shot the first wolf and continued attacking until I realized I was outnumbered by far. I was scanning my surroundings when my eyes caught sight of gray hair.

One lady walked out, two, three, I couldn't keep track as they all emerged from the forest. Witches. Why were they here? I didn't have time to think as they started attacking. Three ran to my side and helped me fend them all off until none were left. I then spoke the thought that had Ben running through my head.

"Why are you here?"'I asked panting

"Viola, she was given a prophecy and order of protection of you and your pups." One spoke
A witch with black hair stepped forward; she was young, a child. Her head was down until I softly pulled her chin up so she could look at me.
"Please tell me, sweetie" I spoke softly

"Born on a cold winters day during the first snowfall of the year a girl will be born. She shall be born from two human parents and shall inherit the name of a goddess. On the back of her neck, she will bear the birthmark of the moon and will have an eye as blue as the clearest waters and an eye as brown as the dirt we stand on. She will hold powers of a species yet created by the moon. One day she and two other legends shall create peace out of war. For this, she shall be hunted by others hungry for power until the day she dies. Protected by the ones inside of you she will thrive" she trembled as she spoke

"Thank you, sweetheart." I paused and grabbed a flower off the ground. I grounded it up in my hand until the red pigment of the flower was left. I make a moon on her forehead and announced to the other witches "You have been blessed by the goddess and given the title of the royal prophet by the one legend of the Moon" all of the witches cheered in joy

I found it was no use of hiding my identity from the witches as seeing they had already known. All witches of light don't gather and move their convent for no reason after all. I turned to look at the bodies and found my pack staring back at me.

They now knew...

Not just anyone can mark witches and have a true and constant connection with the goddess. Not anyone can claim to be a legend without instant pain. By the look in my mate's eye, I could tell he knew and Eliza told him.

"Welcome to the Pie Regiis pack" I could see the shock that went through my mate as he realized I knew of things he didn't tell me. It was there but hidden; he is a royal alpha after all.

"Alpha" I spoke

"Luna" he responded

I touched my mark and smiled at the thought that he responded to my call. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I instantly know it was him, my mate. I leaned back and smiled at the joining of Lycans, wolves, and witches.
—————————————————————

A/N
Bada bing bada boom! And we finally know her past and the prophecy! I can't wait, only a few more chapters until part two! ( All parts besides part three will be short. Part three is my favorite child. Once I finish all the parts I will combine them and delete the separate parts/books.) Let me know of any grammar mistakes and such. See you next week!

QOTD: One or two?

Blast from the Past, what show are these theme song lyrics from?: A super-powered mind, A mechanical canine, He rescues the day, From sure destruction. 

Tuning out me Awkwards!