Chapter Two: The Ring (Edited)

Destiny POV

"Destiny calm down! You're shifting!" Eliza yelled

"Girls go hide in Binti's room!" The girls rush to my room.

I felt myself rise off the ground. My eyes were glowing and my voice changing. My hair was getting longer, and my clothes were changing. After my shift, I was literally glowing. My hair was at my knees and my skin had turned into a lighter color; more of a peanut buttery color. I had a white, long, strappy, flowy, dress on. I was still floating above the ground.

"Destiny...think about your brother, mate, twins! Calm down." She paused "you are going to destroy the house!" She paused once again. The house was now shaking more violently, The there was an earthquake. "Rayshawn would not be proud right now!" She shouted

That got through to me. I calmed down. Once I stopped glowing and my other form retreated I fell back on the ground. I groaned in pain.

I felt a wet substance on my face. I wiped it and felt tear tracks. I was crying? I let it go...I couldn't believe it. I lost control. I never do...

Eliza handed me something that had previously hung on her neck by a chain. A eternity ring, an eternity ring that controlled my powers. I hadn't had to wear it in years.

"Remember your promise. You lost your control, you need it"

I took it and slipped it on my finger. I felt the pain that came with it. My other form was trying to get free but failing. Then it stopped. The box closed, she was gone. The ring had Labradorite instead of diamonds, a suppressor of the moon.

I got up and my lips trembled as I thought of what to say "I-I need some space" I paused "The twins can't, no, won't, see me like this" I continued. I was supposedly be a strong figure, never out of control, always calm. I won't let them see me like this.

I walked out of the house and locked the door. I huffed and walked, having no destination in general. I got lost in my thoughts until I realized I was in town. I stopped and looked at the stars.

"I'm so sorry, I failed you and lost control..." I said to my brother's star. It twinkled brighter as if almost saying it's ok. He always made me feel better.

I felt a presence behind me. I continued walking until I came across an alleyway. I walked down it and waited until it heard someone come down it too.

I swiftly grabbed my knife and stood behind them and jumped on him so I could have better control; as I held him at knifepoint. I pulled down their hood to reveal the lycan who I almost killed today.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"For a human, you have great hearing and other senses" he complimented

"Yeah, trained myself. Now back to what I asked" I pushed the knife deeper, just cutting the skin

"Woah!" My mate exclaimed. I let the poor guy go.

"Could you be any louder?" I groaned

"What is up with you almost killing my Beta, twice?!" he asked

"Why are you following me" I shot back

"I asked first"

"So childish. Answer me."

"Fine. I promised I would have you an I will"

"You still are not over this whole mate thing?" He shook his head, "Damn."

"Have you ever heard the phrase 'if you love it you would let it go'?"

"It doesn't apply to mates," he said with a hint of anger

"Stubborn little fucker"

"I'm not little, and I mean that both ways," he said with a wink

"Men." I said with disgust

"Tell me about it" an oh-so-familiar voice spoke

I looked around and noticed everything was frozen. I huffed and looked behind me to see the Moon Goddess. Her brown hair and all. For someone who created all Moon creatures, she is quite tan. Who knew? Me.

"You know most people are ecstatic to see me. It's sad that my greatest creation doesn't even like me. You know it took a long time to make you and find what family to put you in. Twenty years of my life devoted to making you and you don't even like me" she said

"Well, I'm not."

"I thought you would like me more now that I've given you a mate"

"Exactly. You thought" I said flatly

"Well, I thought to let you know that you should mate and do the dirty with your mate before I make you do it"

"It hasn't even been a week!" I stressed

"I know but, I'm kinda bored and want you to hurry up"

"Real mature." I said bluntly

"Eh. I have plans, and you need to mate for them to continue"

Bitch.

"Sometimes, no, all the time, I think my life is like your own personal comedy"

"How'd you figure it out?" She taunted

"Damn it!" I cursed

"Well, I said it, bye!"

"Bitch!" Right as I said it the barrier broke and everything resumed

"Who you calling a bitch?" My mate asked

"The fucking sky-bitch," I responded

"Okay..." my mate's friend said

"What is your name?" I asked my mate's friend

"Da-" my mate started

"Did I ask you?!" I yelled

"Keys, my name is Keys" my mate's friend spoke

"Damien leave me alone if you know what's best"

"How did you know?" Damien spoke

"I told someone something a long time ago..." I trailed off

"What?" He questioned

"Nothing. I'll be going now. Hopefully, I won't see either of you around again" after saying those words I walked off.

After two hours of walking, I finally returned home. I walked in as quietly as I could and locked the door. I turned around to see Eliza sleeping in the chair diagonal to the door. I was just about to pick her up when she awoke.

"Des! Where were you?! It's two in the morning! I was so worried about you! Wait, why do you smell like another male? No, ...two. And both Lycans!" she whisper-yelled as tears leaked out of her eyes

"Eliza, I'm fine. I just went out for a walk and ended up at the town. I met my mate and his friend there by accident. No need to worry, the twins might sense it and wake up" I whispered back

She sighed before kissing my cheek and heading to bed. I walked to the twins' room first and sat on Ray's bed. I kissed her forehead before walking and sitting down on Resha's bed. I also kissed her forehead before walking out of their room and shutting the door.

I walked into my room and changed into an oversized shirt. I sent my love to my brother and hopped in bed. If felt good to somewhat relax after the day I've had. With that, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

————————————————————————

Short chapter this week! Just wait a tad bit more until the drama amps up! I truly can't wait! Let me know if you want a picture of the ring and if any grammar mistakes. See you next week!

Tuning out my Awkwards!

————————————————————————