Chapter 18

The entire ride back home was exciting. I'm nervous about whether I would get the job or not. But somewhere in my heart, I feel like "This is it." I don't know but I'm happy. So much more than normal that I beam at myself from the reflection of the subway window. I have a feeling that this interview went so well. 

At home, after a wash and sitting down on my kitchen counter with my cereal, notebook, pen and phone, I start my research on supermarkets. I read the reviews on GG Super as well. But since I haven't ever worked in a supermarket before, I search that up. I check on stuff like what kind of work we have to do, how much each job would get paid, how many hours are we expected to work for, and everything. By the time it was all over, it's way past midnight and I have so many new information that I did before. 

When I was little, I always thought that I would one day work in a supermarket. It wasn't like my dream job or anything, just something to do part time during college. I was always fascinated with seeing like the behind the scenes of how several stuff are done. Supermarkets have always made me really excited. 

There was this supermarket around the area my family and I used to live in and every weekend, we would go their for grocery shopping. Of course, Hannah didn't like it but I always tagged along with my parents. That place was small compared to Green Globe but it was cozy. The staff there knew me so well and sometimes I would get free Candy! It felt like visiting a relative's house when we go there. Of course, My parents thought I was crazy but that's just me.

So after the all that research, I am clearly satisfied with the little notes I made. I look at the screen and the search bar is there with the curser blinking. It was like the curser was asking me to search something so I just type the first thing that came into my mind. 

A few people popped up but scrolling through them, I look for the familiar face but none of them looked like who I am looking for. I don't really know his last name so there could be thousands of Seths from all over the world. 

I gave up my search and go to bed. 

~~*~~

I wake up early in the morning, earlier than usual and got ready to go to work. 

I got the job!!!

So yesterday when I got the call from Seth, I was really nervous to answer it. But I knew if he was calling me, that was because I got the job. if I didn't, they wouldn't  be calling me right? The call number wasn't the same one as he called me, the day before. At first, I thought maybe it was another place calling me to give me an interview or something but come on! What are the odds of that happening? I answered the call anyway and it wasn't Seth. It was the manager of Green Globe, Mr. James telling me that I got the job.

I danced for a good 5 minutes, laughing and grinning to myself like an idiot. But this time, I actually put on some music from my phone. I snapped out of  when I heard someone knocking on my front door. I turned off the music and went to open the door only to find a guy who is about 40, just leaning against the door frame, looking at me with a puzzled expression. 

"You live here?" He asked me. 

I raise my eyebrows. "Yea." 

"Oh! right! you live downstairs from me! I thought this was my apartment." He hit his head rather hard and laughs embarrassingly. I have a little suspicion about this guy. 

"If you thought it was your place, why did you knock?" 

"Cause the keys didn't work." He look down at the key set he has on his hand. "I thought I heard some music and laughter so I knocked. I live by myself so there can't be any laughter or music coming out of my apartment." He hit his head again and I just smile at him politely and close the door. For more safety, I lock it as well.