Chapter One

Naomi Browne sighed for the uncountable time as she rested her head against the headrest of the back passenger’s seat.

Her chauffeur, Daniel took a glance at her through the front mirror. She replied him with a sad smile, signalling everything was okay.

Have you ever been forced to do something out of your own will? That was exactly what Naomi was going through right now. Since her breakup with Connor, her ex-boyfriend, Naomi had been nothing but a mess, Her whole life turned upside down. She didn’t leave her apartment for two weeks and when she finally did, She only showed up at work then went straight back to her apartment.

Naomi declined all invitations to parties and outings from her friends and family, Her break up with Connor left her devastated. She thought he was the love of her life, the man She would spend the rest of her life with, the father of her future children but she was all wrong.

Connor broke up with her on their third year anniversary. He told her he didn’t feel the chemistry between them again and that he was interested in someone else. He sincerely apologized to her.

She liked the fact that he came clean to her as she wouldn’t like to end up with a man who felt nothing for her. But despite the fact that he came clean, the truth hurt like hell.

To recover from her break up, her parents thought it would be a good idea to send their daughter to represent them at a function in another state. Perhaps she would be able to mingle and meet someone else who would help her forget Connor.

Naomi was angry when her parents informed her that she would be representing them at a function in another state. Even though Naomi’s parents were very rich, she never tagged along with them whenever they had functions to attend, It was either they went themselves or they sent her elder brother, Luis to represent them since he was the one in charge of the family company.

Unfortunately, Luis was on a business trip so Naomi had no choice but to represent her parents for this so-called function.

“Ma’am we are here.” The chauffeur announced which brought her out of her thoughts. She didn’t even realize they had gotten to the venue. Naomi just wanted the night to be over, get back into her parents jet the following morning and find her way back to her apartment.

“Thank you, Daniel,” She said to him after he opened the door and helped her come down from the car. “I’ll call you when I’m ready to go so you’ll come to pick me up.” She told him and he nodded.

“Have a wonderful evening ma’am.” He smiled at her before making his way to the driver’s seat.

Naomi heaved a sigh as she walked towards the hall. The press were all over taking pictures. Even though she was used to it, she never liked or appreciated being the centre of attention.

Thankfully, she chose to dress elegantly, making it less obvious that she was just recovering from a heartbreak.

Linda, her best friend helped her pick her outfit which was a red sexy dress with matching heels, jewellery and clutch. Naomi was pretty good with makeup so she did her makeup herself.

As she walked into the hall, she did not fail to notice how big and beautifully decorated it was. Some people were seated on their tables making conversations while some were on their feet, trying to mingle. The waiters were also walking to and fro with trays of champagne. The function was full of the rich and elegant people, yet nobody looked familiar for Naomi to start a conversation with so she walked towards an empty table, took a seat and occupied herself by typing away on her phone.