Chapter Thirteen

“What do you want for dinner? I feel like having Pizza along with a cold drink. Is that okay with you?” She asked him before swiping her key card to open the door.

“Sure, that’s fine.” He assured, walking into her apartment.

Naomi reached for her phone in her purse, dialled a pizza shop and ordered for three boxes.

She and Ryan took a shower together; They had quick sex in the shower. It was their first time doing something naughty. Even though it was a short lovemaking session, it was full of passion and satisfaction.

As Naomi dried her body and reached for her nightwear, she wondered what it would be like when Ryan leaves tomorrow evening. It was true that they’ve declared that they both feel something for each other but she was still not sure if they were already an item.

Ryan went to get drinks from the fridge while Naomi went to answer the door. She paid the pizza guy and collected the three boxes of pizza.

They settled on the sofa in the living room and enjoyed their meal while watching a movie. As soon as they were done eating, they cleaned up and continued their movie, with Ryan’s hand wrapped against Naomi’s body.

“This is my first time watching a romance movie and I enjoyed it,” Ryan admitted.

“I told you you would enjoy it.” Naomi smiled before an embarrassing yawn escaped her lips.

“I guess someone is feeling sleepy.” Ryan teased.

“Yes, I am.”

Naomi turned off the TV after which Ryan carried her in a bridal style to her bedroom. He lay her gently on the bed and slid in beside her.

She quickly snuggled closer to him and placed her head on his chest.

“I like being in your arms, Ryan. I’m so in love with the feeling. I feel safe.” She confessed with a sleepy voice.

“Same here, my love.” He replied, then kissed her forehead.

“Must you go back tomorrow?” She pouted as she looked at him with her puppy dog face. She was going to miss him terribly.

“I have to, love. But I promise we will work something out. I’ll try to see you as often as I can. If not every weekend then it will be every two weekends.” He assured her and she nodded against his chest.

After that, nothing was said as they enjoyed the silence between them. Naomi fell asleep with her head on Ryan’s chest and her legs intertwined with his.

It took awhile for Ryan to fall asleep. He reached for his phone on the nightstand and switched it on. He had lots of voicemails and text messages from his parents, Vivian, Sister and best friends.

Only Ryan’s sister Susan, and his best friends, Ruben and Andre knew he was with Naomi. He had told Susan all about Naomi and she assured her brother she was going to support him no matter what.

Susan, Ruben and Andre’s messages were almost the same. They wanted to know how things were going with Naomi and if he had told her about Vivian.

Ryan did not bother opening his parents and Vivian’s messages, neither did he listen to Vivian’s voicemail. He switched off his phone and placed it by the pillow. He stroked Naomi’s hair until he fell asleep.

…………….

Naomi thought she heard wrong so she buried her face deeper into Ryan’s neck. The noise got louder which made her groan. She gently stood up from the bed, careful not to wake a handsome sleeping Ryan. He was truly a deep sleeper.

Naomi took a glance at the portable clock on her nightstand and she saw that it was just a few minutes past Six am. She reached for her white robe in her closet, wore it over her nightdress and walked out of her room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

As soon as she got to the living room, the noise got louder. The individual outside her apartment was banging on her door and at the same time pressing the doorbell nonstop.

She was surprised because she wasn’t expecting anyone. At least not this early. She opened the door and saw who she wasn’t expecting. Her brother, Luis and her best friend, Linda.

Her brother was in his regular sweatpants and shirt, his hair was really messy and he looked very angry. Linda, on the other hand, was putting on a short blue dress, her hair was in a messy bun and she looked scared.

Before she could attack them about their nuisance behaviour, Luis walked inside her apartment and shouted. “Where the hell is that Bastard?”

“What the hell is wrong with you, Luis? First, you came here banging at my door when it’s barely 6 am for crying out loud and now you’re shouting like a lunatic.” She shouted at him.

Linda closed the door behind her and walked towards Luis. “Please come down, Luis.” She whispered to him but he turned deaf ears. Instead, he raised his voice at her.

“How do you expect me to come down when that bastard is deceiving my Sister. I swear I’ll kill him with my bare hands.”

Ryan woke up because he heard a noise coming from the living room, he panicked when he didn’t see Naomi beside him. He reached for his shirt and wore it over his shorts after which he left for the living room.

“Naomi, what’s going on?”

As soon as those words left Ryan’s mouth, Luis made his way to where he was and gave him a punch on his Jaw after which he slapped him very hard, gave him another punch and then reached for a Vase which was placed on a nearby stool, he was about to hit it on Ryan’s head but the ladies in the room intervened.

“What the hell is wrong with you Luis? Why would you do this to him?.” Naomi said as tears rolled down her cheeks. She crouched towards Ryan who was seated on the floor with blood coming out from his nose and mouth.

Linda collected the vase with force from Luis and placed it back on the stool.

“You’re just defending him for nothing, Naomi. Christopher here is a hypocrite, he’s a bastard, he doesn’t love you, he just wants to get into your pants and no doubt he succeeded.”

“What do you mean? There’s nobody by the name Christopher here.” Naomi shouted as more tears rolled down her cheeks. She was really going crazy about the whole situation.

“Oh, I forgot he lied to you. His name is Christopher and not Ryan. He brainwashed you Sis, all that he said was a lie. This bastard is getting married in less than seven days, his fiancee is even pregnant. He’s just using you Naomi” Luis said in anger.

Feel free to continue reading on goodnovel.com
Thank you.