Chapter Twelve

Naomi had the best sleep she has ever had in awhile. With Ryan’s hand around her waist, she felt like she belonged to him, She felt like home.

Naomi slowly opened her eyes, she panicked as soon as she noticed she was the only one on the bed; Ryan was nowhere to be found beside her.

She felt at ease as soon as she sighted a note with a rose on top, placed on her nightstand. She wrapped the white blanket around her naked body and reached for the note and rose.

“You looked so peaceful while sleeping and I couldn’t bring myself to wake you up. I’m in the kitchen making breakfast, freshen up and come quickly. I can’t wait for you to taste my pancakes.” Naomi smiled as she read the note.

She brought the rose to her nose and inhaled it. She smiled as she wondered where he got the single red rose. She chuckled at the thought of him sneaking into her neighbour’s garden to pluck one of Mrs Jones’ roses.

Naomi proceeded to the bathroom to go take a shower. She could feel her inside tingle as she walked, it was as if she could still feel Ryan in her. She was a little bit sore but in a good way. They found it so hard to keep their hands off each other and as a result of that they ended up going for two more rounds before daybreak.

Naomi took a quick shower, dried herself and changed into a short and tank top. She pulled her hair into a messy bun, changed the bedspread and walked out of her room.

She found Ryan in the dining room; shirtless, setting up the table. She took slow steps towards him and wrapped her arms around his torso. Ryan smiled as soon as her body made contact with his. He turned to face her, wrapped his arms around her waist and gave her a passionate kiss.

“Good morning, love.” He said between kisses.

“Good morning.” She replied.

“I hope you slept well?” She nodded. Even though she was still feeling a bit tired, she was more excited about spending the day with him.

“They look so yummy.” Naomi pointed to the food on the dining table. There was pancakes, bread, eggs, bacon, sausages and orange juice.

“Yes, they are.” Ryan grinned. “Specially made for you.”

He took a seat and made her sit on his lap. They both fed each other and made conversations in between.

“I can’t believe I ate that much” Naomi exclaimed as she wiped her hands with a napkin. She and Ryan just finished doing the dishes.

“I guess breakfast was so delicious that’s why.” Ryan winked at her before taking a seat on the sofa.

“Maybe. Thanks for the food, I enjoyed it.” She gave him a quick kiss on his lips and sat beside him.”

“Anything for you, babe.” He kissed her cheek in return.

“But seriously Ryan, have I added weight?” She looked at him with pleading eyes, begging him to tell the truth.

“No, you haven’t.”

“Are you sure? Or you’re just trying to make me feel better. Did you notice anything different since the last time you saw me?”