Chapter 21

I'm awake I just haven't opened my eyes yet. There is still a dull throbbing headache from yesterday, and I know the sun will only make it worse. I know Aidan's still asleep next to me because I can hear his light snoring. The clanking from the kitchen started about forty five minutes ago, but for once I don't feel bad about getting up to go help. I've heard muffled voices talking but haven't been able to decipher any words.

"Well congratulations man." I finally pinpoint Emeric loud morning voice. It helps that the room Aidan and I slept in is closest to the kitchen, but is still separated by the living room.  "Della is going to flip out." Emeric starts laughing loudly, but it's his words that wake me up like a cold bucket of water was thrown onto me.

I slip out of bed not wanting to disturb Aidan and rush out of the room. God knows what they got into that would cause me to get angry, or as Emeric so lovingly put it "flip out". I enter the living room to see the couch empty meaning Fletchers already awake, so I speed walk into the kitchen.

When I enter they all stop what they are doing looking at me. I must look like a mess I didn't even get a chance to brush my hair or teeth. Violet looks a little startled by my sudden presence in the room, and Emeric's attempting to hide his smirk by taking a sip from of his coffee cup. Alex is no where in sight so I assume he's still sleeping or getting work done. I let out a sigh of relief when I notice Fletcher standing at the counter taking a bite out of a bagel. I was worried for a second that me might have left to get back at Blake for yesterday.

"Ryder." I run to him throwing myself into his open arms. He wraps his arms around my shoulders so I don't fall. A low growl rips throughout the room causing me to jump back ready for an attack. My back hits the kitchen counter and spin around to look for the threat, but no one new has entered the kitchen. I lock eyes with Violet and she looks concerned. I've been a bit jumpy ever since yesterday and for good reason.

"Sorry Della." I turn around looking at Fletcher. He holding the counter looking frustrated and almost in pain. I rush over to him grabbing his face afraid that Blake might have started forced pack abandonment, but when my hands make contact with his face a different growl bounces off the walls. I whip around to look at Ryder who is clearing holding his wolf back. I go from worried to extremely confused and no one else seems to be on the same page.

"What the hell is going on?" I screech. No one answers me, but Ryder and Fletcher share some kind of secretive look. Violet's eyes glaze over clearly mind linking with someone. They are hiding something from me, and it's making me uneasy. I had someone betray me yesterday and I don't want any more secrets. My trust in others is a little damaged at the moment, and whatever is happing right now is not helping that.

"Morning everyone." Aidan walks in assessing the atmosphere in the room. He walks over to me giving me a comforting kiss, grabbing my hand to lead me to the dinning room table.

"Well?" I rip my hand out of Aidan's since its pretty clear that he know something as well. No one says anything they just keep looking at each other. Finally Fletcher steps forward.

"I found my mate." His voice is quiet almost a whisper, but loud enough for me to hear. I gasp shocked that he already found his mate since it's so early in the morning and he just turned eighteen today. Most people don't find their mate for about a year or more.

"I'm so happy for you! Who is it?" My mood changes drastically, going from hurt to ecstatic in the span of a second. When I notice that the rest of them aren't sharing my excitement I start to get pissed. They better not be excluding him just because he found his mate. "Do I not know her?" I can only assume I don't since he hasn't said a name yet.

"Oh you know them alright." Emeric snickers but shuts up as Violet smacks his arm with the spatula she was holding. "Sorry." He whispers, but I can still see the joking look in his eye.