{Chapter Fifteen}

trigger warnings: mentions of attempted su*cide

When Yuri awoke again, it was dusk. The dying violet light from the sunset bathed the room in an ethereal glow....It almost seemed magical, if it wasn't for the fact that Yuri was in the hospital.

She was brought here because she attempted to commit suicide. The girl she loved was the one who had found her this way--Oh god, she'd told Natsuki she loved her....

Yuri buried her face in her hands, completely sure her life was over as she knew it.

"Hey."

Yuri jumped, her head snapping towards the source of the sound.

Natsuki was sitting in a chair next to Yuri's bed, watching Yuri with a tired expression. Yuri could clearly see the worry and exhaustion reflected in Natsuki's eyes.

She knew. She knew.

Yuri swallowed heavily and looked away, reminding herself to breathe as her heartbeat started to pick up.

She couldn't talk, she'd shatter if she talked. Yuri was certain of this so she kept quiet, breathing softly as she struggled to comprehend the situation.

Yuri had told her through poetry. And really terrible poetry at that--it was a speck of microscopic dust compared to her usual style of poetry. But the bigger thing to ponder was....

....Why was Natsuki here? Natsuki must hate her so much....