{Chapter Sixteen}

Yuri continued to breath shallowly, attempting to stay calm. If she overreacted Natsuki would only hate her more, and that had to be avoided.

The silence stretched in between the two girls, suffocating them both in drowning nervousness.

"Why did you do it?"

Yuri turned her head towards the sad whisper, trembling with sudden anxiety. She had wanted to avoid this conversation as long as possible, but it was now or never.

"I-I...."

The words came out crackly and quiet, breaking as strain was put on Yuri's tired voice. Swallowing, Yuri tried again.

"My....My parents work all the time so I never s-see them....but I guess t-that was only a contributing factor to why I-I...."

Yuri paused, thinking for a moment.

Should she really say it?

"I've been b-bullied really badly since I was young, I haven't had very many friends over the y-years because of it. It w-was so horrible, I-I....I found a s-sort of comfort through c-cutting myself. Knives are so pretty and the feeling induced from cutting my own skin open is so...."

Natsuki was staring at Yuri in shock now, but Yuri flinched and continued on.

"A-And I somehow ended up....N-Nevermind, I don't want to talk about it. I just hate myself so much....I couldn't take it anymore...."

Yuri stopped, tears brimming in her eyes as she waited for the inevitable 'I hate you'.