Chapter || 3

ANNIKA'S LAWFIRM

" Yes! So, tell me, what happened that day?'" Annika questioned Shivaay who was sitting in front with his tadi written all over. Her one questions made him sweat.

" Umm, I met her a week back. But I don't know how was she just fallen on floor of Oberoi mansion in my room. She told she was not feeling good so, I asked her to come inside Oberoi Mansion and just stay there for some time until she feels fine. When I came back after asking help, she was not in my room. Next day I heard news, she was no more" Shivaay stated clearing his sweat. Annika knew from his eyes; half was lie and half was truth. She decided to play along.

" So, you didn't know Shanaya before? You did not have any past relationships?" Annika curiously asked. Shivaay didn't want to lie as he believes it's waste to hide from lawyer but Annika was his wife.

" No" Lie was evident to Annika at the same time, she knew Shivaay feared something.

" Then what was she doing a month back in your office, if one week back is the case?" She questioned letting her back rest on chair. He looked shocked. Annika knew how this game should be played but Shivaay was naïve to this whole damn romp.

" How did..."

" That doesn't matter." She cut him totally.

" She came there for a deal " Annika was not an acting lawyer, she knew to differentiate between a pure lie and an adulterated lie. And was Shivaay said was a pure lie.

" Mr. Oberoi, I am talking to as your lawyer and not your to be ex-wife. So, it's better if you tell me whole story without your perceptible lies. "

" That is the truth!" Shivaay acted stern in front of her but little did he know the brilliant player sitting ahead.

" Really? She came to Oberoi Industries for a deal? For your information, Shanaya was a model and from where business came in her resume?" Annika bit her side lower lip catching his every lie efficiently. If he thought she wouldn't do any homework before

" I. I. dont know her before, that's it "

" Yes, you knew nothing about her. That is why she was your class mate in St. Laurels University, right!" Annika smirked placing their group photo in front. She was a master in manipulating truth, lie anything which she feels wrong. But Shivaay didn't know Annika as a lawyer and unfortunately it was a minus to him.

"Shivaay!" Annika came closer to the table clasping her palms together with a soft gaze. He was already staring at those brown mellow eyes trying to help him." Until and unless you tell me the truth, I really can't help you out. Please, tell me the truth "

"I am asking you as your lawyer not as your wife, please! " Annika just wants to prove her right. One movement proving her right, she would fight the world for him but Annika just needs one blink. Shivaay never saw her requesting for anything to anybody in these two years. It was surprising at the same time melting him a little.

" Fine! 2009-11 batch St. Laurels University. Shanaya was my class mate and my."

"And your girlfriend, then?" Annika asked calmly and he looked shocked. Shivaay was hesitant in revealing his ex in present. He might never accept Annika as his wife, still she was termed as his wife. No woman will accept her husband's ex without hurt and Shivaay never wanted to hurt Annika in a certain way.

" Stop getting shocked and continue, will you?"

"I. Yes! She was my girlfriend. We were in relationship for two years, I really loved her but I think she didn't. For Shanaya I was just a time pass unlike for me. She was everything I hate now but by the time I could realise, it was late. I was in love with her." Shivaay gulped going down a deep buried memory which changed every bit of his personality. Annika was patient enough to only watch and hear everything as a Lawyer. Even if a wife in her heard, she didn't know her reaction.