Chapter 17

"How are you feeling?"  Chloe eyed me warily as she passed me a coffee.

"I'm good actually it was really good to get it all of my chest thanks for being there"

"Of course. Honestly I think maybe you need to speak to Hunter for closure if nothing else"

"I do feel a lot better now since speaking to you. I'm gonna meet with Sam later I feel fresh and ready to face him now. I'd like to see where it goes"

"That's great but-"

"No seriously Chloe I just wanna forgot Hunter. He didn't feel the same way I did. I don't want to talk about him anymore it's been ages since I even saw him"

She nodded but didn't look convinced.

Bella- Meet me at the cafe in 10 min? X

He responded almost straight away .

Sam - I'll be there x

Hunter pov

"Son I need you to meet with this client"

I nearly threw my papers of my desk as my dad entered. "Sure just put it in the diary"

"I know your stressed but you can't let it show. Once I retire you'll be doing all this on your own" he used his firm voice as I held in my temper if I could just have some time to sort all this out.

"I understand"

"Oh and I need you to have lunch with Penny soon"  he left before I could give him an answer. Great just great.

I decided I could take a quick fag break I really needed it. So I grabbed my coat and headed to the back of the offices onto the balcony.  I grabbed my phone and saw a missed call.

"Nathan bro"

"Hunter you finally had some free time" his cheerily voice echoed through my phone.

"Nah not really just in a quick fag break"

"Dude you need to start having fun again this ain't fair"

"I know dad works me hard but I have to take this whole business over, then I can have it exactly how I want it"

"Yeah I know I know but how long is that going to be?"

"I had a missed call" I blew out some smoke trying to get Nathan to get to the point.

"Yeah um it's kinda sounds silly now" he hesitated.

"Nah go on" I urged him. It must have. Even bad enough for him to call me.

"Well you know I went to visit Bella and Chloe"

I ignored the reaction to her name, My body betrayed me. We had tried to keep in touch but I felt distant from her so I stoped replying she needed to move on and so did I. It almost felt like we couldn't even be friends now it felt wrong like I had betrayed my best friend which I had so I stopped contact. It was easy to forget when I didn't have constant reminders. If I wasn't so busy at work and if she was still here ... I have no idea how that would have gone.

"Yeah how was it?" I pretend to not be too interested.

"Well I walked in on some guy with Bella in bed"

My body froze as I proceed the news shit ... I didn't like that one bit. As much as I told myself it was brotherly protectiveness I now knew it wasn't not now...never again.

"Hunter you there?" Nathan has picked up on my silence.

"What! Seriously?" I spluttered out.

"Yeah Chloe said his a good guy and I don't think they actually you know did anything, both too drunk but you know seeing your sisters bed with some guy ..."

"Yeah yeah of course" my blood boiled just the thought even if nothing happened I felt the need to hit something... hard. "Did you freak out" I would have, the thought of his hands where mine once were... did he make her moan the way I did. Did he... stop!

"Yeah he left and we spoke but I mean I'm over it now just as long as he doesn't hurt her or I'll punch his face in"

I didn't have anything positive to add to this and suddenly really wanted to remove myself from this conversation "sorry mate I really gotta go but yeah you know gotta look out for your sister it's kinda your job"

He laughed "yeah always mate, okay see you"

"Laters" I hung up shoving my phone in my pocket and threw my fag.

"You ok?" I heard a high voice behind me. Penny...

"Yeah" if I was gonna spill my problems to anyone it wouldn't be her.

"You know you could be nice to me your father-"

"Is stupid"  I didn't beat around the bush.

"We could be good together you know" she rubbed her hands down my shirt as I flinched

"Look we can pretend at events or whatever to please our parents but at work I need to work" part of me wanted to perhaps try especially after hearing the news but I couldn't bring myself to. I was to angry now anyway. I pushed past and made a beeline for my office.

This day had just been getting shitter and shitter!

Arabella pov

"I'm sorry about my brother" Sam sat opposite me in the cafe.

"It's ok brothers are always protective god I would be if I had a sister, especially as beautiful as you"

I blushed "thanks Sam I'm glad you understand it is still so embarrassing though"

Sam seemed to hesitate "About you know us though?"

He left it as a question and as I gave my answer I knew it felt right. The attraction hadn't be straight away but the more I got to know Sam the more I liked him. "I'd like to give it a go if you'd like go on a few dates perhaps get to know each other more"

He was beaming "I'd like that a lot"

It wasn't a passionate affair but Sam was a good guy and I wanted to see where it would lead.