Chapter 30

I tried to interrupt the kiss but I couldn't get a word in edgeways as he hungrily deepened against my lips. I didn't want to give in that easy, he hadn't even checked in on me this morning but it felt so good and part of me hoped we could potentially be together now.

A loud bang made us jump apart and I flinched as I saw Nathan's expression as he stood in the doorway.

"Oh so there you are" directing his voice at Hunter he squared up to him.

"Nathan" I took a step towards him but his eyes were fixed onto Hunter.

"Too busy to answer my calls or come and face me but not too busy to fuck my sister, is that how it is now?" He spat out in fury.

"Nathan I was going to call you back but I've been so busy since the article came out trying to sort-

He was cut off by Nathan's fist connecting to his face. I flinched even though I wasn't the one hit.

"Nathan! Stop!" I screamed as Hunter flinched back rubbing his check. He didn't look to badly hurt.

"Mate" he groaned but made no retaliation.

"Mate? Your calling me your mate! Your disgusting both of you are behind my back huh for ages!" He was still fuming as much as the day he saw the article.

"Bella is an adult in case you forgot" Hunter raised his eyebrows.

"Yes and you were my best friend! You didn't say anything to me all them times we protected her it should have been from you!"

"It wasn't like that man I didn't do it to hurt you" Hunter put his arms up slightly in a surrender

"What are you even playing at you don't love her! you'll hurt her just like the rest you don't settle down and my sister doesn't need that!"

"I'm right here Nathan and I don't need you to tell me how to live my life" I instantly felt hurt at Nathan's accusing Hunter of not caring. It wasn't true was it? What we had was different.

"Just stay out of it Bella, I have to forgive you in time your family but him" he pointed a finger at Hunter "is nothing to me"

"Nathan you don't mean that" I saw no emotions in Hunters face but I knew how close they were it was bound to hurt.

"Just stay away from me from now on" Nathan shot me a dirty look and left.

"Hunter are you ok?" I went to cup his face as he looked in my eyes.

"Princess I'm ok it's what I deserve"

"No you don't...not to get hit"

"I"d have done the same thing if I was in his position, I betray him" he looked down as I wrap my arms round him in an embrace.

After a few more moments of silence as we held onto each other. This was the outcome nothing we shouldn't have seen coming.

"You and Sam are over" Hunter replied quietly.

"Of course after we kissed at the event I knew I had to I just didn't want it to come out how it did, Sam didn't deserve to find out that way nor did Nathan. I hurt them both" my eyes started to tear up again at the people I've hurt.

"We hurt them both" Hunter sighed "I'm sorry I was too wrapped up in my own drama I forgot about yours I should have spoken to you sooner"