Chapter- 22

Xavier Knight

They would always do this to me. Daniel and Sean always forced me to attend these boring parties and they would skip them.

The same thing happened today as well. They were to attend the party with me but no, they both had some 'important meeting' to attend which I was not aware of.

I was in no mood to attend that party as I wasn't feeling well, I was feeling a bit tired but I had to attend the party, that too alone. It was not an informal party, it was a kind of business gathering where business associates meet to discuss business.

I wanted my P.A beside me at the party but I couldn't bring her with me because she wasn't in the state to attend one.

And I was in no mood to drive so I asked Finn to drive me there. After reaching the venue, I mingled with some business associates and discussed business.

Every single person who was present at the party respected me as I was the most powerful man amongst them. They all wanted to do business with me that's why they would sweet talk to me. But they also knew I did business on my own terms. I make my own decisions in business and never let anyone underestimate me. I never let anyone cross my way in business. People know their limits, they fear my power; my authority.

I have earned it; this respect, superiority, dominance, leadership, and authority. I have earned it all with my hard work. I never misused my power, I always tried my best to guide the budding businessmen so that they can do well in the business.

I felt a little bored with all of the business talks as nothing new was being discussed among the businessmen. I needed fresh air, so, I excused myself and walked out of the party, and went to the garden present at the back of the hall.

I felt a little calm when the cool breeze hit my face, I inhaled deeply...

"Didn't find it worth your standard to bring your wife here to this classy party?" A mocking female voice interrupted my little alone time. Way to ruin my mood even more.

If she is here that means Andrew Smith is also here.

I closed my eyes and Ariana's bruised face flashed in front of my eyes. My body instantly filled with rage. I clenched my hands into a fist and turned around to face the one who dared to interrupt me and again reminded me of what her father did to Ariana. I turned around to face Scarlet Smith, Ariana's stepsister.

"Well, who am I kidding? I know that she's not worth anyone's standard." She mocked, flashing an evil smirk as she approached me.

I clenched my fists tighter to calm my rage. I wanted to strangle her neck, but I do not hit women and didn't want to touch her with my hands. I didn't want to make my hands dirty.

"Why does your face look so gloomy? You should be happy that you have got a permanent one to satisfy your needs whether she is of your standards or not ... Or.. isn't she good enough in bed?" She said mockingly.

I clenched my jaw; she was testing my patience.

She took a step towards me.
"You know, instead of her, you should have married me. At least then you wouldn't have to worry about your standards and most importantly... I would have satisfied you. But you know, you still can come to me anytime. I'll give you what she can't give you." She said seductively and tried to touch my arm but I stepped back and glared at her.

How much low she could go? Didn't she have any self-respect? She was asking her sister's husband to sleep with her? That was so disgusting.

I saw her gritting her teeth before she spoke.
"You always say no to me. I have tried many times but you always ignore me. What am I lacking? Huh? Every man at this party is after me but you.... you are just ignoring me. Why can't you just give me one chance?  At least I am much better than low life, charity case wife of yours who—"