Chapter-25

Xavier Knight

I was sitting in my bed, working on my laptop. I hadn't worked since morning because I was unable to. I was under the effect of medication and had been sleeping all day.

Why did the doctor give me the medicine which made me sleep? My whole day was wasted due to sleeping.

I couldn't even go to the office because Sean and Daniel were persistent to make me stay in bed when they came to meet me in the morning...

I was sitting on the bed after freshening up and brushing my teeth when they entered my room.

"You are finally awake," Sean said, sitting on the bed beside me.

"You really made us worried Xavier," Daniel said as he took an armchair, placed it near my bed, and sat on it.

"When did you guys arrive?" I asked in a low voice as I rested my head on the headboard of the bed.

"You don't know? Oh, how would you know? You were lying in the bed nearly unconscious, groaning in pain. And about your question... We are here since three in the morning. Ariana called me. She was worried about you and asked me to bring a doctor with me." Sean replied.

She called him? How did she know I was having a fever?

"You always do this, Xavier. Why did you go into the rain when you know you always get sick after that? You know Princess was so worried about you. She was here with you all the time, taking care of you. She hasn't slept since midnight. And now, she is there in the kitchen cooking for you." Daniel snapped.

That caught my attention. She was worried about me? She was here all the time? So, she was the one who was giving me a head massage. I remembered someone running fingers through my hair. And when for a moment running of fingers stopped, I became restless but it started again. I felt so relaxed at that time.

"How do you know I went into the rain?" I asked.

"Ariana told us, she saw your wet clothes lying on the bathroom floor, she thought you went in the rain and then we confirmed it from Finn," Sean said. Oh!

"Why did you go into rain in this cold weather?" Daniel asked.

Well, I went in the rain to think clearly. I was very confused about my feelings for Ariana. I was angry with Andrew and his daughter. And while standing in rain, I thought about Ariana. She indeed is not like the Smiths. She's extremely different from them. Standing in the rain cleared my feelings. And I decided to know Ariana better. I decided to give her a chance.

"I had something in mind so I went into the rain to think clearly," I replied.

"This is ridiculous Xavier! If you were so desperate to think underwater, you could have done it under a warm shower." Daniel snapped.

"You know, we were worried about you? You were twisting and turning in the bed. You were burning in the fever." Sean said.

I know they must have been worried. I would have also worried about them if I had seen them in such kind of condition.

"Sorry about that. Now I am fine. I think I should get ready for work." I sighed.

"You are not going anywhere. You are sick." They both snapped.

"I am not sick. I can work. Besides I have many meetings to attend today."

"You. Are. Sick. And we'll take care of your work and meetings. You will stay in bed. Is that clear?" Sean scowled.