Chapter 6-Memories Take Control

I saw a man at the end of a sword, it was dark and cold. He seemed like he was in a field of some kind, and he was angry. His voice was even angry. "That's one thing about you! You Damos lack kindness! Maybe not now, but in time you'll realize your mistakes. You'll all turn on each other, and what happened to us, will happen to you." I saw a sword raise and fall. The man became scared, as the blade struck him.

"Tristian," I heard a voice say as my body was being shaken. My eyes opened slowly and I could see Leif standing in front of me. "Tristian!"

"L-Leif, stop, shaking me," I said and felt myself drop back to the couch. Somehow, I felt... weak. Something was wrong. Very, very wrong.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard another one say: Asch.

"I don't know, she just seems, weak," Leif said. Something was there in my hand, whatever it was, it was cold. I clutched my hand around it more and forced myself to sit up. Pulling it up in my hand and staring at it. "Isn't that Rhys' amulet?"

"RHYS!" I heard Asch scream angry, "GET IN HERE NOW!" I heard a small noise before I fell off the couch. My mind thought it was Rhys passing through the wall, maybe it was. My eyes shut before I could figure it out.

"Oh my-" I heard Rhys.

"She has your amulet!" Leif shouted.

"I didn't give it t her! She must've picked it up last night somehow," Rhys answered as I tossed the necklace away from me. I could feel myself, becoming more... alive. I took in a sharp breath and stood up quickly.

"What is that thing?" I asked.

"That thing is my amulet," Rhys answered and picked it up, putting it back around his neck. I watched as even he seemed more, alive. "Why is it so cold? Is that why I had that dream? Who was that man? Who killed him?" Everything was finally settling into my mind, things didn't make sense, and then some did.

Mostly it didn't.

"Why is Rhys in his human clothes?" I asked finally wanting to ignore the other questions. Everyone else seemed content with that.

"Sorceress Ava promised we could go out today!" Noi said in his normal cheerful tone. I let out a little giggle and stood back up.

"Well, why is just Rhys, in his clothes?" I asked again.

"Because Rhys figured out how to put them on and won't tell us!" Leif screamed. Rhys snickered and all I could do was laugh with a wide smile.

"I'll go get Ava and we can help you," I smiled and headed into her room. Walking in, all I could see was Pierce laying on the side of Ava's bed. Knowing Ava and Pierce, nothing happened, but maybe something did. I walked over to them and tapped Pierce's shoulder to try and wake him up carefully. It didn't end well. The first thing I realized, is I was in the same position as the man in my dreams. On the ground, with a sword to my throat. "PIERCE STOP!" I held my hands in front of my face and looked away. I wasn't scared, I was startled. Memories of the last time a sword was held to my throat flashed in my head, and I swallowed hard. Remembering why I had to be brave. I put my hands down as Pierce put his sword away and helped me to my feet.

"I am sorry," He said in his normal emotionless tone, "You startled me."

"Sorry, I came in to get Ava and found you here," I told him, "Is everything okay?"

"She needed sleep," Pierce answered. I nodded and walked over to Ava, giving her a boop on the nose as her eyes slowly flushed opened.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty," I said with a smile. She frowned back at me but sat up anyway. Asch walked in soon enough and his next words were... interesting.