Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The light was so bright and I squeezed my eyes tighter not wanting to wake up. Darn I was comfortable. I hugged the pillow and rolled over- opening my eyes.

My stomach twisted into a tight knot when I stared up at the unfamiliar ceiling.

Holy hell it wasn't a dream.

I was in Saxon's room!

My head spun to the side, only to see it empty. I swallowed sharply and pulled the blankets up. Yep. I was still naked.

I don't know if this meant to be awkward or amazing. Can it be both?

I threw the blankets back and scanned the large well furniture and clean bedroom. I tip toed across the room and picked up my underwear, slipping them on immediately. Next was my bra which was on his couch.

Now all I needed was the dress.

Bingo. Light stand.

My mind drifted back to the most incredible, passionate night. Saxon was gentle but a beast at the same time. He was everything a girl wanted in a man. Dangerous, caring and a sex god.

I picked up my heels which were dropped at the bedroom door.

It was miracle we had made it back to his room. It was kind of a messy blur on how we got here. All I knew for sure was he carried me the whole way.

I twisted the door knob and was faced with the real problem now. How the hell was I going to make it out of here without anyone seeing me? Especially when I didn't know where here was.

I stepped out into an empty corridor, the walls were lined with doors, I guess I had just found where all the boys sleep.

I carried my heels and walked down the corridor towards the stairs. I was half way down when I froze.

"I'm fucking telling you it's not!" Blue yelled.

"I'm fucking telling you it is!" Ice yelled back.

Oh my god. Panic attack kicked into epic. I was not going to flip my shit when I find Saxon! Why had he let me fall asleep when I shouldn't be in here!

I swallowed sharply and took the rest of the stairs. Maybe I could just blend into the paint work.

I slipped my heels on- refusing to be caught holding my shoes.

At least my hair extensions were still in place and not half falling out.

"I think you both are fucking wrong. We all know Geelong is going to take the cup."

Panic attack was already at epic. So when I heard my brothers voice I just wanted the ground to swallow me up.

I turned the corner and entered the bar and lounge area.

Leigh was at the bar next to Andy. Ice was playing pool with himself and Blue was on the table smoking and eating lunch.

Then add about another dozen bodies that I didn't know by name and it was official I was in over my head.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Leigh was off the stool and stalking towards me. "Start explaining now." He pointed a finger at me.

"I um. Well. I. You see. I um. I just came in the um back entrance through the um..."

"Kitchen?" Saxon said from the bar and I melted hearing his voice.

"Yeah I came through the kitchen." I smiled broadly at Leigh. God just buy the lie Leigh.

"Why? And why the fuck are you dressed up?"

I was sure I looked like yesterday's left overs. But this was Leigh. "Well that's why I'm in here. I have a um job interview."

"And you're wearing that?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Well that's why I was hunting you down. What do you think?" I twirled around.

"I think you should go find the rest of the dress and fucking sew it back on." Leigh grabbed my arm. "Changing now."

"It's not that bad."

"If one of you bastards stare at her I'll smash your teeth in." Leigh threatened dragging me through the crowded bar.

I glanced back at Saxon and my heart melted. He had a half smirk on his face and a look that just twisted and turned everything inside me.

I gave him a half wave before Leigh dragged me around the corner and outside.

--

I slept the rest of the afternoon and made up a lie to Leigh getting me out of the fake job interview. I actually had things to be doing. Like the clubs books, an essay from school and some preparation for a quiz.

Instead of doing any of that I was rolling weed and drinking out of some bottle I found in the fridge. I had every intention of doing something at some point. Just not yet.

I twisted the cap of nail polish when there was a banging on my cottage door.

Wonder what Leigh had forgotten to yell at me about.

I staggered over to the door and opened it. My jaw could have dropped, if I had let my emotions control my reaction.

"He said he knew you." Ice pushed Jayden forward, letting go of him.

"Um yeah he does."

Ice ran his eyes up and down both of us twice before turning on his heels and heading back the way he came.

Then there was just the night air and Jayden left.

"Um Hi. What are you doing here?" I pushed open the wire door and let him inside.

"Thought it was time I visited you. Anyway the bikers don't scare me."

It didn't look that way a minute ago.