02: Electrocuted

Your President is a Stalker!
02: Electrocuted

Hey, thanks for giving this book a chance!! You're wonderful.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"What are you in your past life Ji, a slug? Walk faster!" I yelled at my friend as I led him to the hallway, down to the stairs from the building where the student council office was located, to my attendance card dismay we didn't find the gloomy president. To the library, to the gym, to every part of   the school.

He wasn't there.

"Alright. Alright. I'm not slow, you're just fast." Ji Li said as he kept up on my track.

It's already twilight when we reached back the field, the sun has gone below the horizon but its rays scattered to the planet's atmosphere making everything beautiful, nature was indeed fascinating.

Feeling the grass under my shoes and the warmth of summer air touching my cheek, I inhaled and exhaled as I watched my surrounding being lighted by the burst of soft colors from the sky with pink, purple, orange, blue and red. Streetlamps outside the premises of the school and manmade lanterns that swing around the place started to light up welcoming the night. Smell of spring rolls, dumplings, chow mein, wontons, yang chow fried rice and steam of tea's in the air made my stomach growl but someone's bad singing skills changed my mind for getting those food as soon as possible.

Fuck! I forgot about my peanuts!! Damn! Damn! Damn!

"I really need to reevaluate my reason why I want to be here in this event. The guy's voice is next to 'can melt my ears off' due to out of tune, pitch accuracy and whatnot. I should add this sad reality to my notepad." I yawned vociferously, stopping myself to cover both of my ears.

"I wonder who let him sing this time..." Ji Li mumbled, craning his neck to the elevated stage not far from where we stood. I mimicked him.

There's a group of male students with guitars and set of drums. Damn, a band.

"Who?" I asked as I squinted my eyes to see the person my friend was referring to.

Ji Li and I walked near the stage.

"Pfft...Pfft...WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" I hooted so loud, comparable to a crazy chimpanzee, holding my stomach I kept on hammering Ji Li's upper arm.

The audience googled at me because of the noise I made.

"Xiao Zhan!!!" Zhuocheng's eyes distributed murderous glares to my form.

"I just- just- can't-take-take-" I can't help myself, Zhuocheng's freaking funny.

"Stop laughing, you cretin!" Seriously, he is such a grumpy grandpa. Why is it that president dude and him are not friends?

"So that's what they called 'bad singing'. Bro, you're a bad singer, Zhuocheng." I smirked after he made his way to us.

He raised his hand to hit my nape but I dodged it, chuckling.

"I'll show you what I can do. This is gonna be a good singing experience for me." I took the microphone from his grip.

The other guys in the band stared at me. Not moving an inch. They knew what will happen.

People in the crowd increased instantly. Several students' eyes glued at me as I waded through them up to the stage. I could hear screeching and murmuring, commonly by girls, obviously.

Girls from my class...They were the ones who never left the fans club...My fans club. They're my allies.

"Mind if I cut in?" I happily fist bumped the shook guitarist and motioned to his guitar.