Being Better is So Much Harder

3rd Person POV

Panic erupts in the space station

People screaming and running

Seven would have gotten trampled if Five hadn't caught her arm and pulled her along

"Hey, come with me." Truffault says, grabbing both girls

***

The girls and Truffault had made it onto a jump ship

The girls anxiously wait, Five pacing and Seven biting her nails, as they away Truffault's return.

She walks in

"Where have you been?" Five asks

"Negotiating our safe passage, thank you very much." Truffaul says.

"I don't understand." Five says. "The android was the bomb, but he detonated off-site."

"Well, all I know is EOS-7 was destroyed, and now, we are looking at corporate war." Truffault says. "Ferrous Corp has launched a pre-emptive strike, and all hell has broken loose."

"So what does that mean for us?" Five asks

"Well, fortunately, Mikkei remained neutral at the council vote, so neither side see us as a direct threat for now." Truffault says. "I have a Mikkei cruiser en route, but the closest friendly in range is your Raza. I have requested a comm link in order to set up a rendezvous."

"Wait, they know we're gonna meet up with the Raza?" Five asks

"Yes." Truffault answers

"And they're still willing to help us?" Five asks

"Despite whatever disagreements Volkov-Rusi may have had with you and your crew in the past..." Truffault trails off

"If that's what you call Two killing a dozen of their soldiers." FIve says

"War changes everything." Truffault tells the girls. "Now it's all about new alliances."

Android shows up on the screen

Seven gasps with joy, pointing and FIve looks

"Android!" FIve exclaims

"Five, are you and Seven all right?" Android asks

"Yeah, I'm fine." Five says. "We're fine. We made it to an escape pod and managed to jettison before the station blew up. Thanks to Commander Truffault."

"We were picked up by a Volkov-Rusi ship that answered our distress beacon, and they have agreed to give us safe transport to your ship. We just need your coordinates." Truffault says.

"Understood." Android says

"What about the rest of the crew?" Five asks. "Have you heard anything?"

"No, I lost contact with them shortly before the explosion." Android says. "Two, Three, Six. They were all on the station."

Seven and Five look at each other, scared

"Well, maybe they were able to reach escape pods too." Five says. "We couldn't have been the only ones."

Five looks to Seven

"Perhaps." Android says

"We'll find them." Five tells Android but mainly Seven. "I know we will. Everyone's gonna be okay."

"No, Five." Android says. "I'm afraid that's not true."

***

The girls walk onto the Raza with Truffault behind them.