It Doesn't Have to be Like This

"I got it." Five says, waking up. Seven pulls her hand away from Five's and places her hands on her temples. Her head was killing by aiding Five into her memory's. "I think I know where he took the Blink Drive."

***

"The coordinates place the research facility in the Lankar Nebula." Android says in the bridge. "Difficult to access."

"And even harder to find." Two says. "I think that's the whole idea."

"Depending on how long we intend to stay in the vicinity, we'll have to divert power to the shields." Adndroid says.

"Hang on a sec." Six speaks up. "We don't even know for sure the Blink Drive is there."

"That station is the most important military research facility in the entire Ishida Empire." Five says. "At least, that's the way Four remembered it."

"We know that he's trying to replicate the technology for his fleet." Two says. "Anyway, it's the only lead we have."

"What kind of defenses can we expect?" Three asks

"Impossible to say." Android says

"Ships?" Three asks

"I doubt it." Two answers. "The facility's obviously designed to withstand any radiation from the nebula. And any ships that are in the area, they would just have the same problem as us. They wouldn't stay for long."

"They're obviously relying on stealth and secrecy." Android says

"Which gives us the advantage." Two says. "We take out their defenses, board the station, grab the device, and get the hell out of there before they have a chance to call for reinforcements."

"Smash and grab." Three says. "It's just my style."

"And then what?" Five asks. "I mean, if we get the Drive, are we really gonna go after Four?"

"He killed Nyx." Two says

"And you want revenge." Six syas

"Isn't that what we do? We did it for One." Android says

"Jace Corso wasn't a member of this crew." Six says. "He wasn't one of us. Four was."

"Aw, hell, that just makes it worse." Three says

"Going after the drive, I get." Six says "But putting our lives on the line to settle a score?"

"So what're you saying?" Three asks. "We just let him get away with it?"

"He already did." Six says. "Nyx is dead. And killing Four isn't gonna bring her back."

***

"Nearing the Ishida station." Android says

"All right, the Marauder's prepped and ready to go." Six says through the comms

The Raza shoots

Then, the Raza gets shot

"They're returning fire." Android says.

"Shields are holding." Five says

"You didn't really think it was gonna be that easy, did ya?" Three asks

"Hit them again." Two demands. "Target weapons only."

"Targeting weapons." Android says

The Raza shoots more

"That's it." Android says. "Their weapons are down."

"Open a channel." Two says

"Go ahead." Android says