Chapter 12: Exes Are Important, Too

GABRIELLE'S POV

  Once I made it over to Trey, he just hugged me. There were people staring, but I didn't care. I was just surprised that Trey was hugging me right now. I was expecting a flirtatious smile or compliment about my outfit, but instead he just..hugged me.

  I returned his hug and he said,"I was just walking by, and I saw you in here. I didn't want to interrupt your dinner, goddess, but I'm doing just that now."

  When he called me "goddess," my eyes widened. It wasn't even because of how he said it, but the fact that he was calling me "goddess" in the first place. He hadn't called me that in years. I had assumed that he had forgotten about that nickname a long time ago. It appeared that he never forgot it.
  However, it did make me very concerned yet anxious to why he was calling me that again. Normally, he would only call me that when he wanted my attention. He was talking to me, yet he had my attention.

  Trey pulled away from the hug and looked back towards where I was sitting.

  He said,"You should get back to Justin. I just wanted to come in here and let you know I was here, so you don't have to cry no more."

  I chuckled and said,"Trey, thank you for blessing me with your presence. Are you sure you're okay? You should go home."

  Trey sent me a small smile, but I didn't trust his smile. It wasn't convincing at all. He walked out of the restaurant and back towards our neighborhood. I let out a sigh of relief and walked back to the table.

  Justin looked up at me and asked me,"Everything okay?"

  I had a bad feeling about the way Trey was acting. It sounded like he was about to do something stupid and even though we weren't together, I still cared about him.

  I said to Justin,"I have to go. I'll see you at Mom's okay?"

  Justin nodded and said,"Be careful, Gab. Call me if you need me. I'll see you at your mom's place when you get back."

  I gave Justin multiple kisses and kissed Mom and Scooter's cheek, before I rushed out of the restaurant. Where would Trey go? He looked like he was going home, but every minute was another that was lost.
  I trusted my gut feeling and ran all the way to his house. The front door was locked, but his door was never locked. He always left it unlocked. If he was in here with some girl, then at least I would know that he was okay.

  I kicked his door hard, and it opened. There was stuff all over the place. I almost tripped over a broken picture frame. I crouched down and picked up the picture frame.
  It was a picture of Trey and his mother. It looked like it was recent, but I hadn't seen her in a while. I made my way to the back and stopped for a second, before I went into his bedroom.

  When I opened the door, Trey was asleep. So, was he okay or was he so exhausted that he just went to sleep? There wasn't anything on his bed or around the bed.
  When Trey jumped up and screamed, I screamed as well and fell on the floor.

  He chuckled saying,"So, you actually heard me? I didn't expect this, Gab, but I'm glad you came."

  I asked him,"What are you talking about, Trey?"

  Trey replied,"Back at the restaurant, I called you "goddess," and you came here because you knew I wanted your attention. I knew you still cared about me trying to act all uninterested."

  I couldn't stop tapping my foot, and Trey said,"It's nice to know someone cares. With everyone else, I don't really know what's going on. With you, you try to hide it, but you were my girlfriend once. I know your games."

  I looked at his nose and asked him,"Who beat you up?"

  He groaned and I laughed saying,"I'm just teasing you. You should probably put something on your nose, though."

  Trey smiled at me, and I smiled back at him before I said,"So, you weren't planning on hurting yourself or anything?"

  Trey became quiet, and then he got out of bed.

  He walked over to me and hugged me saying,"I was going to, but then you came to check on me. I'm good."

  "You're sure?"

  Trey nodded and led me to the front door.

  I turned around and said,"You should come with me. I'm going to Mom's place, and my family will probably be there as well. Most importantly, Justin will be there, too. I really want the two of you to get along. Please come and make things right with him."

  Trey thought about it for a minute and said,"All right, girl. I'll come. Let me get my stuff."

  ....

  Once Trey and I made it to Mom's place, Trey and I both got out of the car. Trey went on to greet my family, and Justin walked up to me.

  He said,"You okay?"

  I nodded and wrapped an arm around his waist saying,"I'm okay. Let's go inside. I'm ready to sit. What have you been doing?"

  Justin chuckled saying,"Nothing, really. I love your family, though. They've accepted me already."

  I said,"I'm sure my family loves you as well. You haven't given them a reason not to accept you, Bieber."

  Trey walked up to Justin and me. I walked inside to let Justin and Trey talk.