Sixteen

After receiving the call from Darren, Bianca's ground shook. She had just met Alessandro this morning and was functioning well except the burnt hand and now he broke his leg, how could someone be so careless?

"Umm- Henry let's fix the shopping for another day I have got emergency now." Bianca blabbered.

"What? But we have just entered." Henry fired at her.

"Sorry, I have to go." She whispered and ran out of the boutique without hearing Henry.

She hastily got inside the cab and asked the driver to get her to the destination. As soon as she climbed out of the cab her heel stuck on the driveway channel drain twisting her leg. She immediately fell down and yelped in pain.

"Ahhhh!!" She screamed and tried to open her heel.

Right in time a muscular hand helped her to get rid of the heel. "Are you alright?" The man spoke with concern.

Just then she had her eyes on him. He was alright and in one piece. Wasn't his leg broken? "Your leg?"

"Forget about my leg but you have twisted or might as well broken your leg. How can you be so careless?" Alessandro screamed at her in anger.

"I-I" She had limp in her throat.

"I am so sorry, did I scare you?" Alessandro caressed her cheek trying to read her emotions and she shook her lowering her head down.

"Look at me, please." Alessandro lifted her head meeting his. "See, I am sorry, I did not want to scream at you but watching you cry in pain made me angry not at you but your clumsiness." Alessandro tried to reason to which she blinked her eyes.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You apologized." She whispered.

"I did. It sure must be your magic." He chuckled.

"I'm not a witch." She again lowered her head feeling embarrassed.

"No, you are not. You are my angel." He whispered. "Let's get your foot heal, alright?" He asked but picked her up anyway without getting her reply.

"What are you doing? But your leg?" Bianca tried to protest.

"Nothing happened, don't worry. Darren was lying." Alessandro replied. "And I wish I could kill him, because of him you are injured." He muttered.

"Why would he do that?" Bianca asked herself.

*******

As they entered Alessandro's place, he went to his kitchen and brought an ice bag. He placed it on her leg and changed the position from time to time.

He was fully concentrating on the work that he did not realised when she fell asleep peacefully.

Just then he moved closer to her to get her better view. He even took out his mobile phone and clicked some photos and set them as wallpaper. He smiled how cute she looked in photos but he could watch the beauty live right now.

He slowly adjusted her pillow and covered her with a warm blanket and started gazing his beauty, his universe. He studied every detail of her face imprinting it in his memory. From the total number of moles in her face to color of her eyelashes, from her sharp jaws to thin lips, he noted every detail.

*******
As the morning bird chirped, Bianca moved to adjust her body to cover the light that was poking from the window. Instantly, Alessandro raised his hand blocking the light coming to her face.

The whole night, he had been admiring his angel. By now he could even sketch her with eyes closed.

*******

When the clock struck eleven in the morning, Bianca woke up hearing her ringtone. She lazily picked up her phone just to be yelled at, "Where the hell are you?" The person screamed breaking Bianca's sleep.

"Henry" She whispered.