{42}

Aquiver

(adj.) quivering; trembling

When I finally reached the fight, my eyes zeroed in on everyone, making sense of enemies and allies. Arrax was ripping wolves to shred as he'd already shifted, most of the pack had actually, but I knew I couldn't. A lot of women were fighting with us, from what I could see. The group of rogues only consisted of male wolves, of course.

Standing there observing, my feet carried themselves when I saw a wolf trying to pounce on my mate from his back. Jumping onto the its back I snapped his neck, the crack ringing through the woods. My body was suddenly flung to the ground by a black wolf, his paw crushed against my ribs forcing the air to leave my body, hell no! 

Forcing his mouth shut with my hands, I bit into his snout making him growl in pain and his paw became weaker, using this distraction to my advantage I kicked his side, making him fly into the tree, a sickening sound leaving his body.

My crazy eyes searched the field where I saw a man with a deep scar and long beard, Lilly's dad, he was losing his fight against a wolf and even when he desperately shifted, the wolf already sunk his teeth into him. 

Sprinting towards them, I jumped over the wolf snapping his neck before he even knew what had happened. Lilly's dad was bleeding profusely, he'd shifted back to his human form and it pained me to see him like that. 

I had to help him, even if that meant someone seeing my white eyes, I couldn't let him die. Not when I just promised his daughter I would take care of him, sitting down next to his body, his tired eyes met mine.

"Sir, I'm Lilly's friend, Aspen. Trust me when I say I'm only here to help you." It was the only warning he got as I forced earth's powers to rush through my body, lighting a fire in my veins and goosebumps danced on my skin from the sensations and sounds around me. 

I knew my eyes were white when her father gave me a panicked look, "Aurelia.." He whispered and I nodded at his words, letting my hands over his deep wound, the fire in my body fixated in my hands and I pushed it onto him. The wound healed within seconds and even though his eyes were shocked he still thanked me.

I didn't have the time to answer, before a figure behind him rushed towards us. I pushed her dad out of the way and grabbed the wolf by the neck, pushing him painfully hard into the ground where I stepped on his body, breaking his ribs. He wasn't dead, but wounded enough to where he couldn't move. 

Quickly looking at her dad, I smiled at him, "Please watch out, okay? I promised your daughter to protect you." 

Tears welled up in his eyes by knowing that she cared enough about him and I knew that was what he needed to hear, he needed a reason to fight and she was that for him. He sported a new glint in his eyes, clearly ready to take on some rogues making me smirk at him, deciding to leave him to it.

A rogue in his human form walked in my direction, the nasty vibes in his eyes so intense I felt the inner bitch pull in me. As we circled each other, his eyes scanned me up and down, creating a bile in my throat. 

"You're hot and you can kill, want to be on our side?" His idiotic voice asked me. 

Deciding to play with my Aurelia side right under the surface, I flashed him my white eyes. Almost immediately he smelled of fear and as he tried to run away from me, a manic laugh left my lips. I ran after him and tripped his right foot, stomping on it with my other foot, the crack making him scream out in pain. 

Squatting down next to him, I forcefully gripped his hair and turned his head towards me, "Try and run again, and I'll break the other one." I dared him, the daunting smirk on my lips scaring him. 

He didn't move, my smirk quickly turned into a humored pout, "You're not going to try?" I quipped, his head shook violently in my hand. "Aw, you're no fun." I declared and broke his neck in a snap.

"Baby, your back!" A strained voice entered my mind, my eyes locked on a panicked looking Arrax, he was fighting off three wolves, but he still looked out for me. 

I was too much in the zone to feel fear, so my smirk returned and I turned around when I could hear paws setting off in my direction. I only saw the shadow of brown fur, before I had a hold on either sides of his mouth. The strength of my Aurelia pushed through, when I forcefully split his jaw, killing him on the spot.

The field was filled with wounded and dead wolves, both from our side and from the enemy's. Seeing a man trying to crawl away, he was an ally of ours, so I hurried in his direction. Turning him around, his drained eyes met mine. He was bloodied on both his legs, it was clear they bit him. 

"Don't scream, trust me." I quickly told him, before my white eyes were apparent. The four elements complimented me so well, buzzing through my veins as I healed him. 

"If I don't survive this then tell me daughter I love her." He said before standing up on his legs again, "You're strong and you'll pull through so please tell Willow how much her daddy loved her." He didn't seem scared by me being an Aurelia, but once he said Willow's name a strong pain hit me. She had her eyes from him and it was so obvious to me now. 

"You will pull through, don't doubt yourself, you have a little girl down there waiting to see her father again." I told him and ran away to the next wounded wolf. 

My powers were on overdrive as I healed as many as possible, trying to make sure I wouldn't be ambushed in the middle of it. The secret was out by now, we had an Aurelia on our side and when Arrax started looking around I decided to fight some wolves instead. 

Grant and Balto were fighting next to each other, deep cuts were on both of them and I really wanted to help out. For now though I had to save myself from the three wolves charging in my direction.