twenty one

~Rachel~

Sun shined through my window and onto the hardwood floor. I stretched my arms out and let out a big yawn. I picked my glasses up off of my night stand and put them on. I looked at the alarm clock. It was 6:42am. I didn't know why I was up so early. I tore the covers off and walked into my bathroom. I turned the shower on, took my clothes from yesterday off and got in. I let the water fall onto me.

Our flight from Colorado got into the airport late last night. We got back to my house at around 2:00am. I fell asleep during the car ride to my house. Colton carried me up to my room and laid me in my bed. I remember him giving me a goodnight kiss before leaving.

When I finished showering, I squeezed the water out of my hair and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked back into my room. I rummaged through my dresser drawers, which I still hadn't organized, for some comfortable clothes. I decided that I was going to have a lazy day today because I was on break and since it was Christmas. I pulled some black leggings and a pink sweatshirt out of a drawer.

I heard something hit my window, which startled me, almost making me drop my towel.

I walked over to the window. There was a fresh thin layer of frost on the lawn. Colton was sitting on the ledge if his window with his bowl of pebbles. He was getting ready to throw another one, but I opened my window and he lowered his hand.

He flashed me a quick smile. "I see you took the first piece of advice I gave you from when we first met."

I noticed that I was still in my towel. I looked to the ground, hoping he wouldn't see me blush. "Why were you looking in here?"

"I love making you blush." He said. "I'm sorry I invaded your privacy. I was expecting you to be dressed. Go get dressed."

I hadn't put my glasses back on after my shower, so I almost tripped over something. I put the leggings and a sweatshirt on quickly and walked back to the window. He was still sitting on the ledge playing with the pebbles. Do you remember what today is?" I asked him.

"Christmas. Oh, and it is also our fifth month together." He explained.

I smiled at him.

"I think that my mom and sister are over at your house right now because 'Santa' brought all of our presents, over there last night, instead of to our house. Do you mind checking for me?" He asked.

"Sure. Give me a minute."

I slowly opened my bedroom door. I popped my head out the door. I heard Jennifer telling Hanna that she couldn't open presents until Colton and I were there. I assumed that Wyatt was still sleeping, because that was what he always did when he came home. I shut the door slowly trying not to make any noise. I turned around to go back over to the window, but instead I was surprised by a blurry figure sitting in my bed.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked Colton. "How did you even get in here so fast?"

He stood up and walked towards me. "It's my amazing skill." He cupped his hands around my face.

"Why are you in here?" I asked again.

"I couldn't wait to do this." He brought his lips to mine. I felt a chill go through my body. He pulled away from me. "Good morning." He said.

"Good morning to you too. You know you can come over, like downstairs, if you want, but I would suggest that you use the front door."

His hands moved to my waist. "Your parents might freak out if I come down with you. I will see you in a few minutes." Since the window was still open, he just climbed right through it into his room. He was the weirdest person I had ever met.