𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ]

"Wh-what? Where am I?"

My eyes were drowsy and, as I attempted to blink them open, I was bombarded by light. I groaned and hauled my body into a seated position. My eyes took some readjusting to the light and when my eyesight came back, I noticed that I was in a hospital.

"Ugh what happened?" I moaned, dramatically flopping back down onto the white mattress.

"You don't remember!"

My heart left my body as I heard the recognisable voice of Mr Manrari who, perched at the side of my bed, had his eyes drilling holes into my head.

"Do you have amnesia!" He threw his hands up to his face and let out a pitiful yelp. "I'm sorry my dear Hayeon, I promise that I'll look after you for the rest of your life. This is all my fault!"

"It's okay sir," I said, in attempts to console him. "I haven't forgotten anything. I still remember Test Subject 312."

I shivered at the thought of what had occurred mere hours earlier. I wasn't scared of Test Subject 312, in fact I was more fearful of what they'd done to him, however I was petrified of his powers. I didn't think that he meant to hurt me; in all honesty, I didn't think he could control his powers at all. In the moment he was just scared; human touch was a curse for him.

"What happened to him, sir? Is he alright?"

"Is HE alright?" Me Manrari looked flabbergasted, as he stared at me as though I was insane. "It nearly killed you. The last thing you should worry about is its wellbeing. It doesn't deserve your concern."

"You know I believe in treating everyone equally." I grabbed Mr Manrari's hand in mine and squeezed as a sign of reassurance. "Please tell me."

By the time I'd been discharged from the medical unit, I'd received the full story on what had happened. I'd only experienced a minor scrape on my head but the shock had caused me to lose unconsciousness. When I fainted, Dr Lee and Mr Manrari dragged me out of the cell as the guards detained Test Subject 312. After that, Mr Manrari was clueless about what had happened but informed me that I'd been pulled from the programme because 'Test Subject 312 was no longer my responsibility'.

As soon as he said those words, I shot out of the medical unit, despite the array of shouts telling me to return, with one place in mind.

With my hand pulled into a taut fist, I knocked on the door attached to cell 8 and much to my glee, Dr Choi opened the door.

"Kim Hayeon, I didn't expect to see you back here so soon," she spat, her gaze threatening. She made no effort to move and let me in as she cockily stood, leaning against the door frame.

With a determined mind, I stated my mind. "I want to see Test Subject 312."

The empty hallway rung with the obnoxious laughter of my superior as she mocked me. "You really think that you're going to be let back into this cell any time soon. As I'm sure your idiotic boss told you, you've been removed from the programme. Permanently."

I felt my features twist into a scowl and my fists clenching. I truly despised this woman with a brewing passion.

"Who decided that?" I barked, pushing my body against her in a feeble attempt at intimidation.

"Me and, frankly, my decision won't be changing anytime soon."

"We'll see about that."

With that, I gritted my teeth and began to walk away from the cells feeling miffed and a little deflated, hoping that I would figure out some way to meet Test Subject 312 again.