𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

a/n: I get my exam results tomorrow and I may or may not be uploading this chapter as distraction...
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

also also also dynamite teaser was beautiful even though I was a bit salty for waiting 8 hours for a 30 second video that was halved by the bighit intro
still tae with a green waistcoat and a mullet was worth it ;)

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ]

"I need to stop," I wheezed, laughing as I brushed a bead of sweat from my forehead. My whole side was plagued with a stitch and my breathing was laboured. The whole inside of this forest was humid, like it's own personal sauna.

"We need to get above ground," Jungkook remarked finally releasing my clammy hand from his. It was at this moment when I realised we had been unconsciously holding hands the whole time and, Jungkook seemed to realise simultaneously as he flushed red. Scratching his neck, he looked up and scanned the trees. "Do you think you can climb that?"

He pointed to a ginormous pine tree and I felt myself shrink, blinking up at the large beast before me. It was so tall that I wouldn't even be able to grab onto the lowest branches despite being a reasonable height of 5'7. My saliva thickened in the back of my throat and I tried to swallow it as I gulped.

"Hey," Jungkook said, catching a glimpse of my monumental fear. "We don't have to climb it. We'd be safer though, if we were off the ground."

It was nice of Jungkook to offer but I could tell that the mere idea of staying on the ground was destroying him inside. If Jungkook was anything, it was competitive and to come in an embarrassing last place would be his worst nightmare. On the other hand, he was also an absolute gentleman and he wouldn't leave me stranded for his own gain so, ultimately, the choice was left in my hands. "We'll climb it."

He flashed me a grateful look and motioned towards me. "Come here, I'll lift you onto the lowest branch."

Even though my body was screaming for me to run in the opposite direction, I moved towards him. He placed a soft hand around my waist and I gulped again, unable to distinguish whether it was from fear or something else. He lifted me up with ease and without a single sweat. Even after running for a solid ten minutes, he didn't even appear winded and I cursed his unfair enhancement. How come he can look like a superhero all the time and I looked like a snowman that had just exited a sauna?

My feet clutched the tree branch beneath my feet and I reached forwards to wrap my hands around the trunk as if I were giving it a hug. It was only a couple of seconds before Jungkook effortlessly swung up beside me. "Can you climb higher?"

"Sure," I said, trying my best to sound as if I actually meant it but being a good couple of metres off the ground (which would undoubtedly result in a bad break if I was to fall) certainly hadn't helped my fear. I swear I could hear my body screaming in my ears. Stop. Stop. Stop.

I pushed my dread down into the deepest pit of my stomach and warily grabbed the branch above my head. As a safety precaution, I pulled slightly to see if it was sturdy and sighed in relief when it held strong. "It won't break," Jungkook clarified. "If it does, I'll catch you."

Even though I knew he was only teasing, the statement did make me feel weirdly at ease and I managed to pull myself up onto one branch and then the other. Before I even realised what had happened, I was stood on the tallest part of the tree, which could hold the weight of two grown adults, and the ground was a pin prick in the distance.

"This is insane!" I breathed, pulling the spiky leaves away from my face and peering downwards. From this angle you could see a large expanse of the forest. "Look there's a pine cone." I reached forward and tugged slightly and the small object pulled away in my hands, the scales open and pushing against the skin of my palm. "Let's keep it, they keep spiders away."