The odd one

Elle Hamilton

The youngest of three children in the family, Elle was always the odd one.

Her elder brother Thomas was a university topper and now a renowned neurosurgeon. He got his looks from his mother. With those grey eyes and brown hair, he was a heartbreaker for sure.

Her elder sister Rosaline Hamilton was the embodiment of female quintessence. With blonde hair and grey eyes, she was a top model in New York City. Her commercials were on TV day and night and posters on billboards all around.

The youngest one was our dear Elle Hamilton,25 years of age with average looks.
Brown hair, brown eyes, and light brown skin unlike the white pale of her siblings and parents.
She was not the soft-spoken perfect child like her sister, instead, you may call her a discourteous brat if you get to have a bad encounter with her.

Despite the rebellious exterior, she was the sweetest of all by heart. An innocent and naive girl who could do anything for those she loved.
She wasn't as successful as her siblings and she did get to hear it a lot from relatives. A disgrace on the Hamilton's. But if you ask her?

She was content being the way she was.

She loved helping and indirectly became a maid to her sister's orders.

She gave everything but got nothing in return.

Her brother and sister were overprotective or disgraced of her she couldn't distinguish.

She avoided going to parties because she hated hearing others talk about how undeserving she was.
She held a degree in veterinary, which was a great career according to her, but others just laughed at her ambitions.

"One child is saving lives, the other is a top model, and the third one? She is working in a barn, covered in hay, giving deliveries to a calf."

These were the words she heard some elite women at a party laugh about and that too at her face.

She loved animals and her career gave her happiness but these people could never understand this.

Elle was without a doubt the odd one out in her family but this didn't make her any less special.

She was gold and only the eyes of a goldsmith could see her true beauty.
...........................................

Hamilton Mansion
10:42 pm

The whole family was sitting in the living room with Mrs. Hamilton's voice screaming at a high pitch.

"Didn't I say not to go Elle! You were grounded! Now, do I need to lock you in your room next time?"

The girl rolled her eyes but kept silent. In no mood to argue.

"Elle child you should listen to your mother. You are no longer a kid, rolling eyes like a 12-year-old are not acceptable."

"But dad-"

"Not a word Elle! Your dad will not take your side this time! Just look at your sister. Learn something from her at least.!"

"Like how to be a bitch?"
She said slowly but her mother heard her.

"Elle! Don't you dare call her that when you can never be like her! She is soft-spoken, gentle, and has etiquettes unlike you who is just an embarrassment to our family name!"

The last line came out low but Elle still heard her.

"Softly spoken my foot! It is just a veil! She is double-faced and I can never be like her! "

"Elle, just say sorry and let it go! Why are you making it a big deal?"
Her brother Thomas said, speaking for the first time. Bored of this family drama every other day.