The storms and shields

I was your shield in the storm of life.

I was your shining armour in this world of fading light.

Yet the knife that killed me that night, was the one that rooted from my behind.
..................................................

6 months later......

Ashton sat in his office feeling devastated.
His eyes trailed the men emptying the furniture from his office which was no longer his.

He just couldn't see this, all his hard work...all his efforts ran down the drain.
He gave his best, sleepless nights, killing headaches, burning eyes...he suffered everything in these last few months but all in vain.

At last, he had lost the case.
Even with all the proofs and figures in his favour.

The friends and foes, both were bought with the power of dollars and the voice of his truth got lost in the false screams of accusations.

The clicking sound of heels was heard and he already knew who it was.

The face which made his nights restless was there in front of him with a victorious smile on her face.
Pulling a seat in front of him she sat down crossing one leg over the other.

6 bodyguard's surrounded her and he couldn't help but feel her powerful aura surround him.

He refused to acknowledge her presence
Her name boiled his blood and her sight was obnoxious.

"Your arrogance has not notched down a bit I see."

Ashton clenched his fist in anger, how badly he wanted to see someone bleed right now.

He kept silent staring at her with those cold eyes which have turned more red and deadly in these last few days.

"You are down on your knees Ashton Lockwood, your company is on the verge of liquidation and officials are standing outside to seal this building.
So now do you accept my offer?"

She opened her palm and one of her bodyguards placed a file in her hands.

Placing the file on his table she gave him a challenging look.

"Just sign this and everything will be back to normal"

How badly Ashton wanted to rip off those papers,
How badly he wanted to choke her right now.
And how badly he wanted to show her his anger.

But again loosing your cool and control was the only thing she wanted.
Unknown to her, he was a master of this field.

"Veronica, owner of WV chemicals, the infamous drug lord who doesn't meet with anyone is here sitting in front of me, what an honour !"

He said sarcastically while placing his one leg on the other and sitting straight on his seat.

Noticing his change of posture she changed the words she was going to say next.

"You are lucky Mr Lockwood I am handling this myself, or my men generally get their hands dirty very easily"

"Of course you will handle it yourself Ms Veronica, it's not every day you get to come face to face with your past mistakes."

She grinded her teeth in irritation but still managed to plaster that fake smile on her lips.

"You are a smart boy Lockwood, you should be knowing till now why I am doing this..... don't make me regret not killing you back then when you were a kid"

"I am sorry Veronica but Ashton Lockwood has never done deals on terms of others.
It's either my way or the highway."

"You think you are in a position to order let alone negotiate.
I am really sorry but you are living in a world of delusion."