silver linings

"You thought I didn't care for you if only you knew I would lay my life for you"

The clock was ticking and so was his anxiety.
His fingers kept moving over the name "ugly duckling" saved in his contacts.

But then it rumbled outside.

The roar of thunder in the sky make him remember her fear of it.
Without a second thought, his finger had already pressed on her name.

"The number you are trying to reach is currently not in your coverage area, please try again later."

He tried again and again still the same message kept on repeating.

Cursing he slammed the phone on the table and leaned back on the sofa.

When it clicked.

She has taken his car...

His phone can track the gps of his car!
Sh**! Why didn't he think of it earlier?

Opening it in his phone, in zoomed in.

Her location was 25 miles away but the thing that surprised him more was that her car was not moving.

It was clear...she was stuck in the storm.

Picking the keys he was gone not caring about the red alert the TV news kept on repeating.

...............................

He was speeding down the deserted road as his eyes fell on the GPS.
Just 500 metres and he will be there.

But as soon as he reached what he saw made him freeze with horror.

There stood her car completely crushed under the weight of a pole.
The glass was lying all around on the gravel as the piercing rain was blocking his view.

Please be safe...please ....he kept on pleading as his eyes desperately searched for her.

"Elle!! Elle!! Can you listen to me!!"
He shouted as he approached the car and saw the doors to be jammed because of the fallen roof.

He couldn't see anything inside the car....it was very difficult for a person sitting on the driver's seat to survive this.

The roof had fallen very hard completely crushing under the weight.

And the fear of losing her made him numb for next few seconds.

"Elle!!!Elle!"
He started shouting desperately while trying to open the car door.

But all in vain.

Only the sound of heavy rain tapping could be heard.

Placing his handkerchief around his knuckles he punched his fist on the already broken glass to clear it.

The driver side window got cleared and he pushed his upper body inside desperately searching for her.

There she was , sitting near the leg rest with just her inner garment on, eyes closed and head laid back in unconsciousness.

"Sh**!"

He screamed when he saw her t-shirt lying on her shoulder all red with blood.

Pushing himself further he was able to touch her face with his own blood dripping fingers.

"Elle?"
He asked in such a hushed tone afraid of not listening to a reply.

He assessed her wound to find a big gash in her head making her brown hair moist in the red liquid.
She was losing a lot of blood and he knew he had to hurry.