XVIII: Wonderful Feelings

Six o'clock was a wonderful time. It was a wonderful day. There had been a wonderful meal for supper and it was, overall, a wonderful night. How could Blaise not feel wonderful if he was sitting across from Neville in the library?

Blaise Zabini didn't really need tutoring. He excelled in every subject and he planned to take eight N.E.W.Ts in the spring. He just wanted to spend time alone with Neville.

Even though he had only just told his two friends about him being gay (he was finally able to call himself that, because he had always just told himself that he preferred blokes over girls), he had known that it was Neville for years. In his fourth year, Blaise had begun to notice the steadily adorable Hufflepuff boy.

"So, Blaise, " Neville started, pulling a thick textbook for his bag. "What exactly do you need help on?"

"Er, everything!" Blaise answered with a grin. "I mean, whatever you want to help me with."

Neville furrowed his eyebrows. "You asked me to help, but I can't do that if you---"

"Who says we have to jump right into the studying?" Blaise asked, shocking Neville a bit. "As I always say: studying is just the words student and dying shoved together."

Blaise internally smacked himself in the head. He never said that. Theo did, and Blaise hated that joke. Surely, Neville hated it as---

Neville chuckled lightly. "That's pretty funny."

Blaise lifted his gaze and said, "I'm the funny one.

"Liar, " hissed Theo from a table a few feet away. "I'm the funny one."

Luna whispered excitedly, "This is so much fun!"

Draco and Harry, who were hidden behind a shelf, laughed quietly as they peered over the tops of restricted books. Draco looked over at Harry, who had a glint in his eyes that he hadn't seen before. His pink lips curled into a grin that was naturally tilted upward a bit more on the right. Harry's eyebrows were raised just a tad, giving him a sort of surprised look.

Harry looked over and caught Draco staring, saying, "You're not only spying on Zabini, are you?"

Draco patted his arm, telling Harry, "Always, Potter."

Harry's grin returned. "Well, at least you're handsome." Draco's grin slid off his face and Harry panicked. "Did---did that make you uncomfortable?" he stuttered. "I---it just slipped out and---"

"Harry, " Draco said, causing Harry to stop his apology quickly. "It's fine. I just didn't expect you to say that, 's all."

"Oh, " Harry sighed. He was relieved that Draco had a smile back on his face, but he didn't like that he was now staring at him with his grey-blue eyes full of affection. "Quit that."

Draco frowned and asked, "What did I do wrong?"

Harry shook his head. "Nothing. Let's watch your friend's terrible flirting."

They both turned back to Blaise, who told Neville, "You have a nice laugh."

Theo and Harry groaned as Neville blushed. He told Blaise, "Uh, thanks?"

"That was a . . .nevermind."

Neville cleared his throat. "What do we need to go over?"

Blaise's shoulders sagged as he replied, "The Mandrakes, maybe?"

Neville nodded, turning the pages of his textbook with vigour. It wasn't every day that he tutored Blaise Zabini. After a long while of studying, Luna looked over at Theo. "Does Blaise like Neville?"

"Yeah, " Theo answered. "It's a bit funny. He's a terrible flirt, Longbottom's a sweet little Hufflepuff, and they're both geniuses. They're made for each other."

Harry muttered, "Maybe I should toss a book and see what happens."

"Harry, no!" Draco hissed as Harry grabbed a book off of the shelf and threw it over the shelf, having it land almost on top of Neville.

"Goodness!" Neville said when the book landed with a solid thud.

"Sometimes the books do that!" Blaise blurted. He made eye contact with Draco and Harry, who were still peering over the books, and made a hand swiping motion in front of his neck. "The books are just as bored as me!"

"You're bored?" Neville asked in confusion.

Blaise nodded, a wide smile on his face. "Yes, "

Neville was speechless for a moment before saying, "You know, maybe I should leave. You're obviously not taking this seriously enough to need actual help. I had to cancel other plans just to help you."

Blaise stood quickly, stopping Neville from packing his bag. "Wait!"

"What?" Neville asked. Luna and Theo were on the edges of their seats.

Blaise studied Neville's face for only a second before doing the unthinkable; he leaned down and kissed Neville on his pink, full lips. It wasn't a deep kiss, but just enough to tell Neville something he couldn't vocalize.

When he broke away, Neville was blushing.

"I'm sorry, " Blaise said quickly. "I don't know if you're . . .and I know I might have overstepped my boundaries, but I couldn't figure out how to tell you."

Neville Longbottom smiled. "I was thinking the same thing. You're a good kisser, even if it wasn't long."

Neville gave Blaise a kiss on his cheek and Theo and Draco revealed themselves, cooing and fluttering their eyelashes. Blaise turned to them angrily.

"You two are the worst!"

Theo grinned. "That was cute. I like how you stole my joke."

Draco ruffled Blaise's hair, telling him, "That was cute, Blaisey!"

Blaise grumbled a swear and Draco and Theo laughed. Harry left the library quickly, not wanting to intrude on what he felt like was private.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!