Chapter 12

Aries found Althea in the bed when he woke up one morning. For a week, she had been leaving the bed empty to do her training with Alex.

At night Aries would come late cause of his Alpha duties and she would be asleep. And the days passed with more Alpha duties. He only saw her during lunch if he had any free time. So, he did not miss this chance to snuggle close to her.

She was wearing a thin strap cami top and shorts. He had asked Natalie to go shopping for Althea which she did without question. He was only wearing his sweat pant so his upper half was bare. He loved how Althea's bare skin felt against his. It sent tingles where their skin touched.

He thought that he needed to ask what her favourite food was, considering she hardly ate. He wondered where she got all the muscles from. But he knew she liked to be active as she was always training with Alex. He was very jealous of them but he didn't dare show.

He had gotten so used to finding her in his bed every single night when he came back tired. It comforted him and took away his tiredness. He didn't know how he lived without her all this time.

He slowly took the strand of her hair from her face making sure not to wake her. But it was to vain. She jumped out of the bed so swiftly. She blinked a few times before her eyes landed on Aries' eyes which held shock.

"Sorry habit" she said, her voice calm, even not a breath hitched.

Aries quickly recovered himself. He too got off the bed and walked to her and pulled her into a tight hug. He felt so mad at himself. What kind of life had she been living before coming here? Ace was furious at that thought.

"Althea, I want to know more about you." Aries said as they sat opposite each other in the kitchen island eating their cereal.

"Like what?" Althea asked.

"Like everything" Aries replied.

"Ask away" Althea smiled.

"What's your favourite food?"

"Spaghetti"

"Favourite movie?"

"Don't watch that much movies"

"Favourite colour?"

"Probably white"

"How did you end up rouge?" Aries finally asked.

Althea closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to tell him someday, she could not keep him in the dark. She opened her eyes and looked straight into his deep blue. "Look Aries-" she started saying but she heard footsteps coming down the staircase.

Matt walked through the door and waved at them. Then he fetched himself some cereal before sitting next to Aries.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" he casually asked.

Aries sighed at Matt and was a little mad for interrupting them.

"Did I interrupt something?" Matt asked, his eyes getting wide and looked apologetic.

"For this, you are doing my paper work for the day." Aries said. He took Althea's hand and dragged her with him.

"Clean up our dishes as well, will you?" he said as they made their way outside.

"Yes Alpha" Matt muttered to himself, not happy to be spending his day doing paper work.

"What did you do before you came here?" Aries asked again as they were far away from people's hearing distant.

"I have never seen you before this" he said.

"All over the world" Althea said which was true. "I have been... travelling, searching for... some things?"

They had walked to a large pond, hand in hand. Aries led her to the rock where he sat down with Althea on his lap.

"Some things?" he repeated searching her eyes for answer. When Aries didn't reply he asked again.

"How did you end up being a rouge?" he asked again.

"Enough about me. You tell me, why do you hate rouges?" Althea changed the subject quickly. How was she supposed to answer him when she wasn't even one? Althea thought to herself.

Aries let out a growl. A touchy subject, Althea thought.

"I don't like talking about it" Aries mumbled.

"How about you answer my question and I'll tell you what I'm searching for?" Althea said.

It was not a secret why he didn't like rouges. But only few nearby packs knew the reason though. They kept quiet because they knew he didn't like people talking about it.

"I once took in a rouge. We became really close. In time, he became my best friend, my brother and I shared everything with him. Everything." He started to say, his eyes distant.

"He was a spy sent by the nearby pack. He worked for them in exchange for a place in their pack. If he had told me that all he wanted was to be accepted by a pack, I would have happily taken him in."

"But you know what he did? He broke my trust. He broke my pack. He killed my parents." The last sentence came out as a venom. He was angry, his eyes getting darker.

"And you know what I did. I broke him. I tore him limb by limb. I heard his cries. But I still didn't kill him. I took his heart out while he still lived, that's how I killed him."

"But it still didn't stop me from killing every single one in that pack. I wiped their whole existence." At this point rage was taking over him, his hands were tightly grabbing Althea's sides whilst digging his nails into her skin. But Althea didn't complain.

No wonder he hates rouges, Ava said to her. His trust was broken. Althea knew too well what it felt to lose both their parents.

"Their reasons better be good otherwise that's what I'm going to do when I find them" Althea said her own voice emotionless but deadly.