Chapter 25

An echo of loud gasps followed the land. They were all shocked as to why he would reject her. She had powers. She was an Alpha. But above all, she had kindness like no other Alphas.

Althea knew this was coming. If he didn't do it, she would have done it herself. The guilt she felt was killing her. She gave a sad and knowing smile to which Aries gave a frown and a look of confusion.

"I, Althea Garcia, Alpha of the Red Healer pack, accept your rejection, Alpha Aries Blackwood." she whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear. Aries clenched his jaws, his face filled with so much sadness. But he didn't say a word. Althea knew that the rejection will not be fully complete unless Althea says her full name. But Althea was not keen to break his heart further by revealing one more secret. So, Althea turned around to face her pack.

"Let us all leave, we don't belong here anymore" Althea said.

It hurt both Aries and her but she could not show weakness to her pack. She then turned to look at Aries one last time.

"I'm sorry for what I have done. I shall accept the punishment after all this is over. Until then goodbye, Alpha Blackwood." She said before making her way away from him and his pack. Her pack started to follow her. At the same time Alex made his way to Aries. He gave him a little bow.

"Alpha, I swore on my blood to follow Althea wherever she goes. I thank you for the kindness that you have shown to me all those years. And I will repay you one day." He said and walked away quickly to follow Althea.

Aries didn't like the fact that Alex would be with her instead of him even though he rejected her. But Aries knew that he could trust Alex to stand by his word. He had also known that Alex was now strong enough to protect Althea when the time came.

He knew that he broke her heart. But she broke his heart and his trust. He lost the one family he had because of that. And for that, he would never forgive her.

Ron too made his way to catch up with Althea as they made their way out of the territory. He knew what he had to do now. Why he was alive for this long.