Chapter 37 (last)

The calm wind was now starting to rise again. But this time more subtle. The air around Althea, moved as if playing with her hair. Althea slowly closed her midnight black eyes. Her long black hair that was starting to be more visible as the first ray of the dawn shined upon it, turning silver. She was slowly lifted off the ground as a globe of light surrounded her. Everyone was on the knees now, feeling the presence of their goddess' true self. As the light faded, her now paper white skin glowed softly. With no sign of blood or the torn and tortured flesh, she was now dressed in a long thin and flowy white dress. When she finally opened her eyes, a pair of silver looked through Aries' soul.

She gave a soft smile to Aries as she whispered, "I shall free you now."

"You will no longer feel the pain of the heartbreak. I hope you forgive me for all my sins so I myself can be free."

Aries was just awestruck seeing the goddess before his eyes. He could not utter a word. Althea now looking more serious said out loud for the world to hear.

"I, Althea Garcia Hela Silvermoon, daughter of the moon goddess incarnation Hela Silvermoon, accept your rejection, Alpha Aries Blackwood." As she said the word, they both could feel their bond breaking. Aries felt as if a huge rock was lifted off his heart.

"I take all your pain, all your heartbreak away. Live Alpha Aries. Live and love again. You are free from this bond that bind you to me." With her words, Althea freed Aries and his wolf of any pain, breaking the bond might have caused. Aries gave her a sad smile but he knew that in his heart that he could never love another now.

Althea smiled through her pain, never showing the hurt behind that false façade she showed. A drop of blood red tear flowed down her glistening face. She had lived through more than enough pain in her lifetime as a werewolf. Now she knew it was time to set apart from all the pain and all her past relations, it was time for her to follow her mother.

Now she turned around and faced the rest of the crowd. She knew it was time. She could almost hear her mother's calling. Her time on earth had come to an end.

She looked at where Ash and sent a silent thank you for his promise. She searched further into the crowd but when she could not find the pair of eyes that belonged to Ron, she could only send a prayer that he had reached her mother and was awaiting her there. Then she turned towards Alex. When he was about to come to her, Althea held up a hand and stopped him.

"Your task here is not yet done Alex, you were born for a purpose. I know you said you found it in me but I assure you that is only half the truth." She then looked around the rouges that were left after the war.

"Alex, you were born to be a leader. That is why you never felt like you belonged in the Blue Blood pack. Because that was never yours and you will never belong there. See them." She said waving her arms around the rouges.

"This is your family. This is your pack now. This is where you belong. This is what you shall lead. You were once my warrior so I name your pack the Warrior Pack. Peaceful. And brave."

Alex looked around the rouges that was on their knees bowing to their new Alpha and the goddess. Finally, he felt a sense of belonging that he had felt with his goddess. And he knew that he was born to follow his goddess' command and follow he shall as he had promised to until his last breath. Then Alex himself bowed to Althea.

"I, Alexander Knight, Alpha of the Warrior Pack, bow to you my goddess. What you wish shall be granted. As I swore before, I promise to follow your every command."

Althea smiled at this. She had done everything her mother would have wanted her to. All the werewolves were one now. She didn't know what future will bring but this now was enough for her to believe that this will always what the future will be. Now there was nothing more left behind for her.

Except-

She turned back once again where Aries stood. Oh, she will never forget this man, she though to herself. She knew Ava would never lover another as well but she also knew that she could never be with him. They were never meant to be. It was just her selfish wish to have both him and heaven. And now she could never belong to anyone else.

The blood red tear flowed endlessly now from both her eyes and when it landed on the ground beneath her, a field of red roses bloomed. Like her love. Beautiful to look but too painful to feel. Then she held out her palms that shined so bright, its light blinding everyone for a moment.

When they could finally open their eyes, everyone around let out the gasps that they been holding. In the midst of the flower, there laid Noah, away from all the thorns, just floating in the air. Aries ran to him as soon as he realised what Althea had given him back. He held Noah's tiny body and engulfed it in his own huge one. He looked at Althea and silently thanked her as tear streamed down his own cheeks and a small smile on his face. She had given him a reason to live again.

Some unable to hold their cries sobbed quietly at the star-crossed lover. The werewolf who was made to love a goddess and a goddess despite loving the werewolf could never belong to him.

When the sun hit the ground, announcing its new beginning, it only made Althea shine brighter than the sun itself. She rose higher and higher and as the sun's rays completely hit her, she shined brighter than the sun itself, until she was nothing but a globe of light which then burst into million pieces of diamonds and sprinkled all over the rose garden which glowed and turned dark like the blood red tear Althea shed for her love.

The wind blew past Aries as it whispered Althea's last word. Her blessing to him as a goddess.

"May love find you once more."

TO BE CONTINUED...